Bilbo Baggins- Breakfast (c)

One of your passions was cooking, so you had no qualms with having barely finished tidying up after breakfast when you needed to start working on second breakfast. You and your partner enjoyed your meals but with winter coming in, a good hearty meal was always sought after no matter the time of day.

The bitter winter cold had made its way through your home, the humble fire attempting to fight it but not succeeding too well. To fight it yourself, you had gathered up some of Bilbo's clothes to keep yourself warm, wearing one of his thick sweaters. Whilst you begun cooking, he had begun to clear and re-lay the table, the two of you working in silence, happy to just be close to each other.

It didn't take too long until your second breakfast was cooked, and you went to take the two plates to the table placed a few feet across the room from where you had been working. At the table Bilbo sat a fond smile on his face as he took in the hobbit stood before him. You had no idea why he was staring at you in such a manner, but the loving gaze wasn't unwanted, just seemingly unnecessary when you had done nothing more than cook a meal for him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You questioned, handing him his plate before sitting opposite him with your own.

His pale cheeks reddened as he looked down to avoid your quizzical gaze. He hesitantly looked up, to see if you were still looking towards him and he was greeted with your warm smile.

"It'll sound rather stupid," he commented.

"I doubt that," you assured him.

"It's just... I can't get over the fact that a few months ago I wanted to learn your name and now you're having breakfast in my sweater," he smiled fondly.

You couldn't help your heart swell at his words. The two of you had lived near to each other for a while but neither of you had to courage to talk to the other but as soon as you did it felt incredibly stupid that you had both been so scared. Now a fair while after the first meeting you were dearly in love and you would never look back.

"Well it shall be a regular occurrence, if that is something that you would want, of course," you said, your cheeks reddening along with his.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.