Legolas Greenleaf- Piano (h)

You smiled to yourself as you sat down on the small stool. You had come across the piano whilst you were walking through the palace, you knew there was a piano some place in the palace but until that day, you had never found it.

You placed your fingers on the ivory keys; the feeling was all too familiar. You let out a deep breath as you let our fingers dance across the keys, letting the melody ring out.

You had stopped playing when your mother passed, she was the reason why you started playing and she was the reason why you stopped.

You preferred not to tell anyone of your past hobby, it was just because you never thought you were very good so to save yourself the embarrassment – you never told anyone, not even your boyfriend.

You found yourself getting lost in the music; memories of your mother were playing in your mind as if they were a film. From when you were young, your mother was the only person that supported you in anything and everything you set your mind on – she was an amazing woman, you wished it was you instead of her but the past could not be undone, no matter how hard you tried.

You were close with your mother, when she passed it was a rough time for you and you felt that the only reason you got through it was Legolas – he was your rock and he has never stopped being there for you.

All of your worries seemed to disappear as soon as you started to play; you didn't know how you were remembering all the notes and chords, it all came back to you the moment you pressed the first note. It would have sounded strange to anyone else, but to you it was clear that you couldn't stop playing the piano again – it was your life for a long while and now, it was time for you to resume your hobby.

You were so lost in the music, that you didn't realise someone taking a seat next to you. You jumped at the feeling of an arm around your waist "Your playing is beautiful hiril vuin" Legolas' voice echoed around the room as you stopped playing "Why did you not tell me before?" he asked placing his hand on your cheek affectionately "This is the first time I have played, since my mother's passing" you spoke softly.

You looked into Legolas' blue eyes and they held nothing but love and affection "You should play more often A'maelamin" he spoke using part his mother tongue and part human.

You rested your head on Legolas' shoulder "Amin mela lle" you whispered as you enjoyed the comfortable silence.

"Ar' amin mela lle" Legolas replied, in the same tone as you.  

~*~

Written by Hannah.