Bard- Love and Protection (c)

You had all stopped as Kili was injured and his leg needed to be wrapped up. Rather than sitting around you wandered off from the company slightly. As you walked back through the trees you saw Balin speaking with a man you recognised very well.

"How many bairns?" Balin asked.

"A boy and two girls," The man said softly

"And your wife, I'd imagine she's a beauty," Blain smiled.

"Aye. She was," The man said with a frown.

You walked out of the trees with a smile growing on you face.

"I do hope you are speaking about me," you grinned.

The dwarves looked confused as they looked at you. You walked past them towards the man who looked shocked.

"Y/N," he exclaimed.

"Bard," you smiled.

He climbed off of the barge picking you up and pressing his lips to yours.

"Where have you been? We thought you died," he whispered.

"I got to Rivendell but I ran out of resources. Gandalf arrived with these dwarves and a hobbit. He convinced the company's leader to let me travel with them as long as I helped them reclaim Erebor. I knew we'd have to travel through Lake Town and I'd only be able to get back to you and the children if I helped them," you smiled softly pressing your lips to his again, "I have missed you so much. How are they? The kids?"

"They will be so happy to see you. None of us wanted to believe you had died but that's what it seemed."

You then realised you were still surrounded by bewildered dwarves.

"So this is the husband you spoke of," Fili laughed, "So he is real."

"You thought I made him up?" you laughed.

"Well we all did really. He did seem a bit too good to be true," Fili shrugged.

"He is amazing isn't he," you chuckled leaning against your husband's chest.

You smiled up at him. Happiness washed over you, a feeling you hadn't felt so strongly in a long while.

"We have to help the dwarves Bard. They helped me this far, even though I so desperately want to come home to you and out children, I made them a promise to help them," you said softly.

"I can't just leave the children Y/N. One of us has to stay with them," he stated.

"I know. I'm not asking you to leave them. I need you to help me get them into Lake Town and then I'll continue with them to Erebor, you need to keep out children safe, but I promise I will come home as soon as they have their home back," you whispered, "I love you Bard."

"Lass if you do not want to continue to Erebor you do not have to," Thorin stated, "your family is more important."

"That's why I am helping. My family need to be safe and having a dragon living so close is not safe for them," you frowned.

"Okay," Bard sighed, "I love you so much, I don't want you to get hurt."

You smiled, "I love you too Bard, and I have brave dwarves and a brave hobbit to make sure I'm not killed."

~*~

Written by Charlotte