Bard- Father (c)

You knocked on the door pulling your hood down. After a few moments of shuffling around your younger sister opened the door.

"Y/N," your sister whispered.

"Sigrid," you smiled softly pulling her into a hug.

"You heard about her then," she said softly.

"Yes. I came back to help around here for a bit and to help with the funeral."

She nodded letting you into your home.

You hadn't been back in a while. You moved across Middle Earth away from Lake Town, away from your home and away from your family. You missed them and wished you had chosen to come back earlier, rather than only returning at hearing your Mother had died.

As soon as you entered the house you noticed the lack of life, and how sad the air was.

"Father," I called out placing my stuff down by the door.

My Father walked into the room with a weak smile. I ran to him pulling him into the hug.

"I am so sorry I wasn't here," you whispered.

"It is okay darling. You are here now that is all that matters," he sighed.

"Sit down Father, I'll make you a cup of tea," you smiled softly.

"Nonsense. You are the guest Y/N."

You smiled softly guiding him to a chair, basically forcing him to sit down.

"I'm not here for a holiday. I'm here to help out. Sigrid will do her best in helping around the house I know but I want to help out. Sit down. You need to relax," you smiled at your Father kissing the top of his head.

"What did I do to deserve such an amazing daughter?" he chuckled.

"We'll never know. Are Tilda and Bain home?" you asked walking to the adjoined kitchen to heat the kettle over the fire.

"They are somewhere around here. They've spent most of their time with your Mother's stuff. Sigrid and I have been trying to sort out the house for tomorrow but we haven't gotten far before we find something that reminds us of her and we end up staring at it," he sighed.

You tried to smile at him to reassure him but your heart was pained also just not as much as his was. It was his wife that had died, and he had to try to be strong for the sake of you and your siblings.

"Do not worry Father. No one will judge you by the house when they come tomorrow. They will understand you are not in the right frame of mind to keep a completely clean home," you smiled softly.

"It's not them Y/N. I don't care what they think, but I feel like I am letting down your Mother," he frowned.

You took the kettle off of the fire and knelt down in front of your Father taking his hands in yours.

"You'll never let her down Father. She loved you so dearly, and as long as you keep her babies happy and healthy, she'll always love you. Yes she liked a clean house but she knows you have never been one to clean," you smiled at him, "But do not worry. Sigrid will always help with the cleaning and cooking, even Tilda and Bain have always helped. And for now I am here as well."

~*~

Written by Charlotte