Boromir- Proposal (c)

Boromir had been acting rather odd today. He had been so distracted and you didn't know whether it was something you had done that had made him act so weird.

After dinner with his family and many people you had no clue who they were you talked with Faramir whilst Boromir was speaking to his Father.

"Are you okay?" he asked you softly.

"Yeah. Have you noticed that your brother is acting a bit strange today? He seems very nervous and uncomfortable. Do you know what's wrong? Did I do something?" you questioned looking over at your boyfriend.

Faramir laughed lightly resting a hand on your shoulder.

"Do not worry Y/N. He is just worried about something. He'll tell you about it later. But don't worry, you have done nothing wrong, he loves you so dearly, there is very little you could do that would make him uncomfortable around you," he smiled warmly.

"Can't you tell me? I won't tell him," you said trying to encourage the information from the younger brother.

"No Y/N," he chuckled, "look he's coming over now, I'm sure he will tell you what's worrying him very soon."

You looked over to Boromir who walked over to you and his brother. Once he reached you he wrapped an arm around you resting his hand on your hip.

"Do you mind if I borrow Y/N, brother?" He smiled.

"Of course," he stated practically grinning.

The younger brother smiled at you as Boromir led you away from the people who had joined you at dinner taking you outside and walking in silence away from the building.

Suddenly he stopped turning to you and resting his hands on your arms. He gave you a nervous grin.

"Are you okay?" you whispered.

"Yeah... I wanted to ask you something," he said letting out a deep breath.

"What is it?"

He took your hands in his as he got down on one knee, as the smile on your face grew remarkably.

"Y/N. I have been thinking about how to ask you this for a while. I've just been too scared to ask you. I didn't want to lose you if you said no to this. But I realised I'd never no your answer unless I asked and now I feel as if I'm going to pass out," he said with a shaky voice, "what I'm trying to say is I love you. I love you more than I could ever love anyone. You are perfect. Well you're not perfect, you have flaws but they make me love you even more. The way you snort when you laugh, the way you drool in your sleep and the way you mutter under your breath when you think I can't hear you."

He let go of your hand putting it in his pocket. He pulled out a shiny object that suddenly fell out of his hand tumbling off into the grass.

"Shit," he groaned standing up and walking to the grass looking for the object.

He looked for a moment before you grabbed his arms softly turning his attention back to you.

"I'll help you look for it in a moment, finish asking me first," you smiled trying not to cry from happiness.

He smiled letting out a shaky breath.

"Y/N. Will you marry me?" he smiled.

You grinned, cupping his cheeks in your hands you pressed your lips to his in a passionate kiss. You pulled away nodding.

"Yes."

"You don't understand how scared I was that you would say no," he sighed.

"I'd never say no to you," you chuckled, "but now shall we find the ring. I can't believe you dropped it. At least your proposal wasn't cliché."

He smiled at you kissing you softly before you went back to the grass and looked for the engagement ring.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.