Bard- Soaked (c)

You stifled a laugh.

You had been in a relationship with Bard for the last few years. It had been the happiest year of your laugh, you loved him so dearly.

About a year ago you moved in with Bard, and even prior to that you had taken care of his children as if they were your own. He had proposed a while back, and you were just waiting for the happiest day of your laugh to come.

Since very early in your relationship Bard had tried to encouraged you to travel with him, even if it was only along one of the rivers for a short while, but you had declined.

Today was another of those days where he was trying to convince you.

"Come on my love. Join me," he grinned, "It will be for a couple of days. The neighbours will keep an eye on the children, and we can have our own small adventure."

You shook your head smiling at the man you loved.

"It's this a little irresponsible? We have so much to do here we can't just go, even if it is only for a couple of days," you sighed.

He was stood on his boat gesturing his arms around in the air.

"Y/N. Believe me it will be fun. We will have some time to ourselves for a short while. We will be able to see bits of Middle Earth you never have. You have never left Lake Town my love," he smiled.

"Why is this so important to you?" you asked.

"I want you to see the world, even if you only see a small fragment of it," he grinned.

You laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Come on. Just us, on this boat, it'll be perf-"

His words were cut of as his arms began to flail. His arms flew around in the air before he fell backwards off of the boat landing in the water.

You let out a gasp as you walk down the bank of the river to look around the boat. He emerged from the water coughing, as he swam over to the bank. He rested his arms on the bank in front of you resting his chin on his hands.

"Are you okay?" you questioned.

"I almost drowned," he smiled, "I think that should make you want to go with me Y/N. I need someone there to stop me from doing something stupid."

You shook your head at him. You leant down and put your hands out for him to take. He took them and you pulled him out of the water. As soon as he was stood up he wrapped his arms around you soaking you.

"Stop it," you groaned.

"Then agree darling," he chuckled, "It'll be for a few days, and if at any point you want to come home we can come back."

You sighed, "fine."

"I love you," he grinned pressing his damp lips onto yours letting his soaked hair cling to your face.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.