Aragorn- Sword Training (c)

You fell to the floor with a thud and a groan. Rolling onto you back you saw Aragorn with a pitiful smile putting his hand out to help you up. You took it with one hand picking up the heavy metal sword with the other as he helped you to your feet.

"Are you alright?" he asked brushing off the dirt from your shoulder.

"I'm fine. At this rate I'm going to be killed from my own ignorance prior to reaching battle," you frowned.

"Why do you want to learn to wield a sword anyway?" he questioned.

"I don't want to have to rely on you. I love you Aragorn, but when inevitably we end up in the midst of battle I don't want you distracted making sure I'm okay, and getting yourself hurt or killed," you sighed.

He chuckled wrapping his arms around your kissing your hair.

"Love, even if I teach you how to fight I will always protect you. I love you, and I don't want you ever to be hurt," he smiled softly moving his hand to caress your cheek.

"I love you too. But I want to at least know how to defend myself. I feel so useless having to rely on you and the others," you sighed.

He smiled pressing his lips to yours for a moment before stepping back.

"Then we better continue your training," he grinned, "I will train you so well no one would dare to fight you."

You laughed at him, "That'd be nice but we don't have eternity. I just need to know how to fight well enough not to be killed."

He smiled and held up his sword.

"Copy how I'm holding the sword."

You sighed staring intently at his hands before frowning at your own hands trying to hold the sword in the same way he had. It was too heavy and you could barely hold it up without your arms giving out and dropping it. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte. 

I have had this written for a while and I thought I uploaded it but I can't find it.