Kili- Bookcase (h)

As you had been growing up, you had been surrounded by craziness and you had definitely gotten used to it.

There was always something different happening or something new to get your head around.

And when you moved in with your fiancé, that craziness was still there.

It didn't surprise you that Kili and Fili had rather hectic lives – they were the princes after all – but Fili was often the one to take a rest whereas Kili was stubborn.

If Kili had an idea that he wished to execute, it would be executed that very day.

Obviously not all Kili's ideas were of high quality.

As the two of you now lived in your own home – well as close to your own home as you could get because technically it was just a separate wing of the castle that Thorin, Fili and Kili had lived in all their lives – you had taken to wanting to make it your own space.

Kili knew how much you loved to read and therefore how many books you personally owned, many times he had reminded you of the library that the castle housed but it never seemed to be what you wanted.

You'd set up two armchairs and a loveseat by the large window that was in your sitting room of sorts and it was where you'd often spend your time reading.

"My love!" Kili shouted for you as he came in through the door.

On autopilot he headed to your favourite spot and saw you curled up with a book in your lap but almost walked into three different stacks of books on his way to you.

"We must situate these books elsewhere my love, they do not belong here."

You sighed, closing the book in your hand and turning to face him. "I have nowhere to house them dear, you know that."

"We have a library that you can put them in."

Shaking your head, you reached for your fiancé's hand. "I have spent a long while accumulating these books my sweet and I enjoy having my own collection here."

Kili nodded and stayed silent for a few moments before his eyes lit up meaning he had an idea. "I know what we can do!"

You couldn't help but giggle at his enthusiasm however you waited for him to indulge you with his great plan.

"I will build you bookcases my love, line these walls with so many that you will never run out of room for your collection."

Smiling, you leant forward to kiss his cheek. "My dear, as strong of a fighter as you are, I do not believe that you are meant for manual labour."

He shook his head. "But I can ask my brother to help me with chopping the wood and assembling the units."

"That's your brilliant plan my sweet," you questioned with a smile on your face. "Not only are we going to die, but we are going to die very stupidly."

"Why are we going to die?"

Giggling you shook your head at him. "Whilst the two of you are able to lift the wood up to our chambers, neither of you are experienced builders and therefore I can see the bookcases collapsing."

"You don't trust my ability?" he quizzed, pretending to be upset but the trace of a smile on his face gave him away.

You smiled at your fiancé. "I have always trusted you implicitly my love," you spoke the truth causing him to smile wider. "But being killed by a collapsing bookcase is a very stupid was to die." 

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.