Durin- Disagreements (c)

This equally includes Fili, Kili and Thorin.

"You cannot treat him like that Thorin. He doesn't deserve this. Just because he is different doesn't mean he is not worthy of this quest. He is equally, if not nobler than and as brave as a dwarf," you hissed.

"Do not talk to me like that lass. You have no right to even be here let alone over step your boundaries and try to question my authority," he frowned.

"I'm not questioning your authority Thorin. You are the rightful king under the mountain and you are in charge of this company, I understand that perfectly. I am questioning your stupid arse decision, and you unjust hatred of Master Baggins. He has been so kind to you, he has risked his God damn life for you and your company, yet you are still horrid to him," you growled.

Thorin's eyes were filled with fury as his teeth became gritted.

"Walk it off. Do not come back until you release what is wrong with everything you had just said. You are a disgrace to this company. If you think speaking to me in such a manner is acceptable never return," Thorin boomed.

The whole company had stopped and stared at the pair of you.

With a huff you span on your heel and walked away from him and the rest of the company. With no real aim or direction to where you were going, you just began to walk aimlessly away from the dwarfs you had considered your friends.

You continued to walk for a bit before you reached the river nearby. You began to throw pebbles into it letting them skim along the surface of the water.

After a few more throws you were knocked out of your thoughts by someone walking behind you. Spinning around there were the two Princes.

"So have you come to shout at me too?" You sighed.

"No, we came to comfort you," Fili explained.

"Uncle is very touchy about non-dwarves, he didn't mean what he said," Kili added.

"I spoke out of line. I shouldn't question his shitty decisions, he is the authority figure. You should go back, he is your uncle, don't speak with the treasonous, non-dwarf," you sighed with a shrug, "I don't need your help boys."

"You've made some mistakes, but we'll always care for you. You can always ask us for help if you need it."

"Didn't you guys try to shove me off a cliff that one time?"

The brothers looked at each other before attempting to smile innocently.

"We were young and naïve," Kili grinned.

"It was last year."

You frowned at them.

"Well at least we didn't actually push you," Fili shrugged.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.