Tauriel- Leaves (c)

You released the arrow letting it soar through the air until it hit the spider. Finally the last one died and fell down onto the grass. You let out a deep breath slinging your bow back over your shoulder making your way over to the red head who was smiling triumphantly.

"I think that we did pretty well today," she smiled wiping her hands onto her trousers.

"That we did, but we still have a few hours until sundown, King Thranduil will expect us to be gone until then to kill off the spiders, but I highly doubt any more will crawl into this forests today," You sighed, "So I'd say we are free for a few hours."

Her smile grew at the thought of time to ourselves. We did have days off from our duties, but the King always had eyes on us, someone would always be there nevertheless, and sometimes you needed time to yourself with the elf you loved.

You put your hand out for her to take, which she did happily. Once you held onto her hand, the both of you took off at a fast pace to get to a small clearing in the forest.

No one really went there unless someone stumbled upon it but the autumn leaves covered the grass there, and the beauty was incomparable.

Once you reached the clearly you leaned in pressing your lips to hers. You dropped your bow and your quiver of arrows, not wanting to damage them or cause yourself any harm with them. Your hands reached up, winding into her red locks. In your attempts to deepen the kiss, you accidentally pushed her back into the pile of fallen autumn leaves.

You pulled away from her laughing, at your mistake, but you couldn't help the swell in your heart as you saw her lying beneath you clearly flustered, but looking as beautiful as ever.

"Sorry," you smiled softly, leaning in to kiss her cheek.

"It's fine, the leaves broke my fall."

Shuffling off of her, you stood up, putting your hand out to help Tauriel to her feet also.

She was still laughing softly as she brushed off her clothing of all the leaves that had got entwined in sections of her clothes.

As she stood up straight you noticed one of the brown leaves sticking out from her red locks. You reached up, plucking it from her hair and dropping it back into the pile on the floor. Before you could move from the close vicinity of your beloved, you felt compelled to move in for another kiss.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.