Bard- Babysitter (h)

You smiled as you watched Bain listen to Tilda as she read to him. You felt bad that they had lost their mother however you tried as hard as you could to be there for them. Although, you were only their babysitter.

You looked after the two youngest of the three children quite often; most of the time Sigrid was out as was her father Bard. You had to admit to yourself that you had fallen for the children's father however you refused to speak of it to anyone.

Tilda turned around to face you "Y/N. Sit with us" she said patting the free spot that was next to her "Of course" you said.

You walked to where the children sat and sat next to Tilda. Tilda rested her head on your shoulder and you smiled again "Continue reading" Bain said and Tilda nodded.

She read her book but soon enough both of the children were fast asleep. Tilda on your shoulder and Bain against his younger sister's shoulder.

"Hi Y/N" Sigrid said as she walked through the door "Hello Sigrid. Did you have a nice time?" you asked and she nodded "Very. But I am tired" she ran a hand through her hair "Go to sleep then. I won't be going anywhere until your father gets home" you said.

She smiled at you gratefully "Take Bain with you though" you said and she nodded "Are you okay with Tilda?" she asked motioning to the small girl sleeping contently "Yes. She's fine here. But you know Bain, he needs to sleep in his bed" you said.

It was another 3 hours until Bard returned home and it was just as you were drifting off to sleep. You lifted your head and turned towards the door "Hello Y/N" Bard said taking of his coat "Did everything go okay with them?" he asked and you nodded "It always does Bard" you said.

He looked to Tilda "I will take her to bed" he picked her up and took her to the bedroom she shared with Sigrid. You stood up and put on your coat as it was winter as well as collecting your bag and book that you had been reading until Sigrid arrived.

"Here Y/N" Bard held out some coins to you but you shook your head "I have told you before Bard. I don't need you to pay me for looking after the children" he sighed "You are here for hours on end Y/N" you shrugged.

You placed your hand on Bard's arm "Don't you ever think that I enjoy looking after them?" you asked and he chuckled "Bard, you need to understand. I think of them as my own children, they are amazing. I don't want you to pay me" he shook his head.

"Maybe not in money" he said causing you to become confused "How about as a thank you for always looking after my children. You join me at dinner" you smiled slightly "Is this your way of asking me out on a date?" you asked and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously "If it was, per say, would you say yes?" you smiled fondly at him.

You nodded "Of course I would"

~*~

Written by Hannah.