Thorin- The Talk (c)

Fili and Kili had come of age and somehow Thorin convinced you to sit in with this conversation. You and Thorin had been married for a few years but you wouldn't consider your relation with him nor his family being good enough to be here for this conversation.

To be honest you didn't know why Thorin wanted you here. Surely it was a male centric conversation. Due to their Father dying years prior, Thorin had taken it upon himself to be their Father figure, and this conversation was for a Father to have with their son.

You were here for a female perspective, although it would have made more sense for their Mother to be here, but supposedly you'd be perfectly fine to talk with them instead, due to her being busy.

Thorin and you were sat at one side of the table as the two young dwarves walked in slightly confused as to why they were called for. They came and sat down opposite you, looking at each other with an uncertain stare.

"Did we do something wrong uncle?" Fili questioned.

"We are sorry for whatever it is," Kili said, "But we do not recall doing anything wrong recently."

You smiled at your nephews.

"Do not worry. You have done nothing wrong. Thorin just wished to speak with you," you smiled softly, "I apologise for what is about to occur. But just know I want to be here less that you two do."

The pair once again looked at each other this time looking slightly fearful.

"We would like to speak with you about something important due to you both coming of age. Really we should have had this conversation with Fili previously, but honestly I do not wish to have this conversation once let alone twice," Thorin frowned.

"What is this about?" Fili questioned.

Thorin sighed running a hand through his messy hair.

"Now that you are at a certain age, you will start to feel... um..." he stopped due to lack of words.

"Urges?" I offered.

"Yes urges and feelings," he stated.

The boy's faces paled as they grasped the reason for this conversation.

"Uncle, please don't do this," Kili frowned.

"We understand all of this, you really don't need to tell us how to treat women," Fili added.

"It is important for us to make it clear how to treat the fairer gender of the species, and how to act around them," Thorin explained.

"Believe me, your uncle could have done with this conversation when he was your age," you snorted attempting to not show your laughter.

The brothers gave you a pleading look and you turned to Thorin with a sigh.

"Thorin I'm sure we can make this quick for them," you said, "Make it less painful and we can all go on our way and pretend this conversation never happened over than them keeping in mind what we have said?"

Thorin nodded before continuing to talk but keeping everything short and as simple as he could possibly make it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.