Faramir- Cuts and Bruises (c)

Now with hindsight you realised how idiotic the plan was, that really you should have gone to Faramir or even Boromir for help, but it was too late to change what you had done.

Even though you were married to Faramir and he did his best be with you as much as he could, but it still meant there were times he was absent. You didn't like that you were so vulnerable and helpless without your husband by your side, and you were prepared to do anything to be able to protect yourself.

As a woman in Gondor, you were not expected to be able to fight for yourself, and although Faramir wanted you to be happy, he wanted you to be safe more than anything. And by being his wife, Denethor thought very little of you, meaning your rights were fewer than most women.

As you weren't certain your husband or his brother would agree to train you, so you begged a member of the Gondor army, which you knew would not tell either men. Sadly he also did not know how to teach a woman with no fighting knowledge, meaning you ended up battered and bruised.

To top it off your husband caught you trying to clean up the blood from your cuts. When you explained everything he took the cloth from you and began to dap at your injuries.

"You should have just asked me, I wouldn't have hurt you," he sighed.

"But how would I have learnt anything if you would have never turned a blade to your wife. I am happy you have not turned a blade to me before, but I need to learn Faramir, and you would have wanted to protect me. I am so thankful you are such a caring and loving husband but that does not help me learn to protect myself," you whispered.

He smiled softly cleaning up another one of your cuts.

"I am sorry my love. You are really certain about this, aren't you?" He questioned.

You nodded.

"Okay. I'll find someone to teach you, but I am going with you. I can't imagine what I would do if you got hurt. I love you," he whispered.

You leant in kissing him lightly, "I love you too."

He smiled finishing up the last cut that was situated on your arm. Once he cleaned it up and bandaged it, he leaned in kissed the piece of fabric that was wrapped around your upper arm.

You didn't move, as your husband kissed each other your injuries lingering for a second on each of them. Once he had kissed each of them, he pressed his lips back to yours again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.