Fili- Blanket (c)

Humans weren't made to be out in the cold, they were made to sit by fires to gain warmth. Although there was a fire and many dwarves around you, it was still impossible to gain any form of heat. As you fell asleep it felt as though you were lying in a pile of ice, and it wouldn't surprise you if you woke up to being frozen.

That didn't happen though. When you woke up you felt warm. Warmer than most mornings. Rather than the overbearing smell of dampness of the floor (which was still there but not as prominently) you could smell something familiar and pleasant.

Shuffling slightly, you tried to cuddle closer to the pleasant smell and the warmness. As you moved closer you realised the warmth was coming from an extra blanket lying over you that wasn't there last night.

Your eyes fluttered open to see that most of the dwarves were still asleep other than one of them who was on guard for the last few hours.

With a bit more fidgeting you got out from underneath the two blankets wandering over to the blond dwarf, letting out an obnoxious yawn.

"Morning Y/N," Fili smiled, "Sleep well?"

"Morning Fee. Yeah. Did you put your blanket on me last night?" you asked.

His eyes flashed up to you, looking slightly shocked with a flash of fear also in his eyes.

"Pardon?" He questioned.

"Did you put your blanket over me last night? I woke up with a blanket on me that wasn't mine, and it smelt of you," You shrugged.

"You know what I smell like?" He smirked.

Your smile dropped. You didn't mean to say that out loud. You had known Fili for some time now and from the word go you cared dearly about him, taking great satisfaction from the simplest of things such as whenever he hugged you or even if he was in a close proximity to you.

"No," You said, but you dragged the word out more than you should have, making it sound like a question.

"You don't seem sure of that," He stated.

"Well you avoided my question," You retorted.

His smirk dropped instantly.

Fili took a moment of hesitation before he spoke, he looked down at his feet, staring up slightly through his eyelashes.

"Yeah I gave you my blanket," he stated.

"Why?" You asked softly, "You must have been cold last night."

"You were shivering. You needed it more than I did."

You smiled at the dwarf in front of you.

"Thank you. You didn't have to," You whispered, "But why did you do it?"

"I didn't want you to freeze. It'd be a shame," He shrugged.

"Is that the only reason? I was hoping it was something more, but hope can be blinding," You said in a bare whisper.

He looked slightly confused.

"Wait. Do you like me?" He asked.

"No of course not," You said very quickly barely letting him finish his sentence.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. I like you, I have done for some time now," You whispered.

His grin grew as he moved closer, resting one of his hands on your cheeks.

"Luckily I like you too," he smiled, leaning in to press his lips to yours.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.