Kili- Blushing and Teasing (c)

You had been personally invited to a ball by the King. You knew that the ball was a secret plan for Thorin and Dis to trick Fili and Kili into finding a wife but the Prince's didn't know of that, they were ignorant of that fact.

Even if they were your best friends they were a little bit stupid.

Walking into the ball, wearing a gown you weren't too impressed in wearing, you made your way over to the two confused Princes.

"What is the matter?" You asked softly.

"We are confused as to why Mother and Uncle have thrown so many balls recently," Kili sighed.

You laughed at them.

"What's funny?" Fili frowned.

"You two. You honestly don't know?" you smiled.

"What?" They asked.

They were both so confused and you found it very adorable. You had liked the younger prince since you were children, but you'd never admit it. It was impossible for him to like you in the same way.

"Your uncle will kill me for telling you. I'm not supposed to know, no one really is, but it wasn't exactly hard to work out," you explained.

"Tell us Y/N," Fili stated.

"Why do you think there has been so many balls being held here? And why do you think there a so many single female dwarves here from noble birth?" You smiled.

They looked at one another before looking back at you, but they still looking completely puzzled.

"I don't understand," Fili stated.

You smirked, "They want you to get married. Your Uncle and Mother have brought in every woman that isn't already married or courting. You are Princes the most eligible bachelors of Erebor."

Realisation washed over their faces.

"That's why the women we dance with don't come to the next one," Fili sighed.

"Yeah, pretty much. Clearly you don't impress them."

"Why do you come to each of them?" Kili asked.

"Pardon?"

"Only women still interested in us come here. You know narrowing down the field for potential wives," he shrugged.

You froze.

"Oh... um... I'm your friend. Moral support, nothing better to do," you said awkwardly.

Once again the brothers looked at each before grinning at you.

"No. You like one of us don't you," Kili grinned.

Your face paled, other than your cheeks that had become a bright red crimson colour and your brain switched off. How was you going to get out of this?

"Of course I don't like either of you," you stated, "we've grown up with one another and I've seen the worst of you. How could I find either of you attractive?"

"Then why are you blushing?" Fili laughed.

"I'm not," you stated facing the floor attempting to hide your cheeks from them.

"Which one of us is it?" Kili smiled.

You frowned at them.

"I'm not saying anything else. I'm going home," you sighed.

They'd never look at you the same. You ran off attempting to get through the crowds but it was nearly impossible to manoeuvre. After a lot of weaving you got out of the building pausing leaning on the wall, taking a deep breath of cool air.

You waited for a moment but you realised your mistake when the brunette Prince ran out of the door looking around. The panic on his face softened into a smile as he saw you and came over to you.

"There you are," he smiled softly, "I'm sorry if we made you feel uncomfortable. We find it sweet that you might like one of us."

"Please let me go home. I don't think I can handle speaking with you guys," you sighed going to walk away but he caught you wrist.

"No. I didn't come here to tease you. It's Fili that you like right?"

You frowned, "Why would you think I like Fili and not you?"

"Everyone prefers Fili. He is a proper dwarf, he will be the King one day. I can't even grow a beard."

You smiled at him awkwardly, "Because you can't grow a beard doesn't mean you aren't a real dwarf."

"Thanks I guess."

"Fili isn't the one I like Kili. And if he was it wouldn't be because of his beard or moustache, I'm not that shallow," you stated going to walk away again but once again he caught you.

"Does that mean you like me?" he asked.

"Yes Kee. That means I like you, not your brother. Can I go before I embarrass myself any further?"

He chuckled softly, smiling awkwardly at you.

"You aren't embarrassing yourself Y/N. I've liked you since we were children. I always thought you liked Fee," he smiled softly.

"Really?"

"Yes. Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte