Bofur- The Bet (c)

"Let's bet on it."

"Okay," you smiled.

"Alright lass," he stated, "you get the hat off of my head, you can keep it, it's all yours. But if you can't you'll never try again, you won't bother me about it, and we'll continue on as it is, without you nagging me for my hat. You have until bed to get it. Deal?"

"Deal."

You stuck out your hand for the dwarf to shake. He shook it, instantly knowing the games were about to begin.

It was evening so you had a few hours to get the hat, and you would do your best to get it. He didn't limit you in anyway and you were more than willing to use dirty tactics.

Sadly you couldn't just pluck the hat from his head. You were a hobbit, meaning you were quite a bit shorter than he and all the other dwarves were. You were a distant relative of Bilbo's and decided to join him on this quest, to Thorin's dismay. But now you were part of the company. They had accepted you into their group, and you had become especially close to Bofur.

His hat made him stand out compared to the rest of the company. You liked the hat. It looked comfy, but he wasn't one to share the garment. Hence the bet.

You waited for a short while, coming up with a plan, but you only had one that you thought could possibly work. It had its flaws and was stepping over some boundaries that you didn't really want to have to do now. You hadn't hid your feelings for the dwarf, but you hadn't made them obvious, so maybe your little plan was for the best.

The company had finished their dinner and now were off in small groups talking between themselves.

Walking confidently over to Bofur, he stood up from the log he sat on, resting his hands on his hat stopping you from simply removing it.

"Running out of time lass," he chuckled.

Without a second thought you grabbed onto the fur lapels of his coat pulling him towards you. Pulling him closer he was forced to lean down until you slammed your lips to his. He seemed shocked and hesitant at first but kiss back with equally as much passion.

His arms wrapped around your waist, whilst your hands curled into his dark hair, slowly moving up to grab the hat. Before you moved it, you ran your lips along his jaw up to his ear.

"I win," you whispered.

Quickly you snatched the hat from him jumping backwards pulling the hat onto your head.

His face contorted into shock as you winked at him.

"Th-that was cheating," he gasped running one of his fingers over his lips.

"There were no rules my friend. I only had to get the hat from your head before we went to sleep. And I won fair and square my dwarvish friend," you smiled, "Thanks for the hat, and for the kiss."

He looked confused.

"If you ever want to try that kiss again, you know where I am. But you aren't getting the hat back anytime soon," you smirked walking away from him ignoring the stares from the rest of the company.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.