Bofur- Return To Me (c)

You knew why he had to leave. He was a close friend of Thorin and he needed as much support as he could get. It was a good cause, but nevertheless you didn't want him to leave for such a dangerous quest.

You loved Bofur with all of your heart, and just knowing he wouldn't be by your side for such a long time broke you, especially with the knowledge that whatever he was doing could very easily end his life. No one had a great hope that this would work, there were only thirteen of them going and their end goal involved having to beat a dragon, let alone the dangers they would come across getting to Erebor.

There was just a shadow of uncertainty that surrounded this whole trip and you hoped that he and the others would be able to survive the quest but it was an unlikely feat. He wasn't a trained warrior. He was a toymaker. That hardly made him prepared to travel across middle earth to reclaim Thorin's birth right.

Bofur had packed up the stuff he needed to take, ready to go meet the others soon. You tried to contain the tears that were brimming in your eyes, not wanting to upset him or make him feel guilty for doing what was right.

"I am going to miss you," you whispered brushing of the large coat he wore.

"I am going to miss you too," he smiled gently cupping your cheek in his calloused hand.

He leaned in to kiss you sweetly. As he pulled away he rubbed his thumb over your cheek to remove the tears that escaped.

"I'm sorry that I am going to have to leave," he sighed.

"I don't want you to go. I don't want to say goodbye because I may never see you again," you said through your tears.

He tried to give you a reassuring smile, but seen as Bofur was known for his charming and genuine smile, it was clear when he was faking his happiness. You could read him like a book and you knew that he was uncertain about the quest he was about to go on, but he had to out of a sense of duty.

"Don't think of it as a goodbye," he said gently. "See it as a promise that I will be home as soon as a can. I will come back to you."

You shook your head softly, trying to swallow your sob.

"You can't promise me that. You don't know."

He continued with his reassuring smile, kissing you once more.

"I will come home to you. I will help them get Erebor back, and then we will be able to have a better life. A better life for you, a better life for us," he stated warmly.

You tried to return his smile.

"Take care my Love. Take care of your brother and cousin, and everyone else. Just make sure that you all come home, we will all be waiting for you," you whispered.

"I will. I will be back to you in no time. Stay strong for me amrâlime."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.