Bard- Laketown (h)

You frantically helped Fili bandage up Kili's leg as he got shot with an arrow "You okay Kee?" you asked placing your hand on his cheek "Thanks for your concern Y/N/N" he said smiling at you.

"I am allowed to be concerned. You just got shot in the freaking leg by an orc's arrow" you said waving your hands about to make your point "Y/N, I am fine" Kili said and you shook your head "Nope, nu-uh, not buying it. I will believe that you are fine when that thing heals" you pointed to his, now bandaged, leg as you spoke.

All of a sudden a man appeared on the higher up rocks with a bow in his hand that's aimed at Bofur. Bofur hesitantly stood up but Dwalin got in the way with a large stick but the man shot an arrow through that.

Kili got up and went to throw a rock but that got shot out of his hand "KILI DON'T" you shouted and the man stopped in his tracks.

You gasped as you recognised him "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" you shouted at him "Don't shout my love" he said putting his bow down on the rock along with his arrows "My love?" Fili asked sounding confused.

"This is Bard" you said introducing the man. You and Bard dated for a while, you were like a second mother to his children who you, of course, adored but you left Laketown in order to help the company. You knew Gandalf, he was a close friend of your father's and he wanted you to come along.

When you left Laketown it hurt more than anything, Bard was the only man you ever loved and you still loved but you were never able to say goodbye properly as you somewhat disappeared.

"Y/N/N, how do you know him?" Kili asked coming to your side "Bard and I were courting for a long time" you explained and Bard crossed his arms.

"Where have you been Y/N? I thought you were dead, the children thought you were dead" he came closer to you whilst he talked "Sigrid threw herself into her books, Bain got into way more fights and Tilda didn't talk to anyone for weeks" he sounded very upset.

You felt tears well up in your eyes as you practically threw yourself into your ex's arms "I am so sorry Bard, I am so sorry" your cries made your words almost inaudible.

You slowly collected yourself and turned to the company "I used to live in Laketown, which is where Bard is from. However Gandalf knew my father, he contacted me and asked me to join you all" you said and Kili ran towards you, hugging you once he reached you.

You and Kili had grown close during the 'adventure' so far and he was your shoulder to cry on most times.

"Joining the company meant leaving Bard and the children behind which hurt a lot however I did it for Gandalf" you sighed but the company look surprised "You have children?!" Balin asked sounding surprised "Oh no, they are Bard's children" you corrected yourself.

You turned to Bard "You didn't answer my question" you stated as you crossed your arms "What? The question you shouted at me?" he asked sarcastically and you rolled your eyes at his sarcasm "I'm collecting the empty barrels Y/N. My barge is just through the woods" he pointed to the woods as to prove his point.

Bard picked up his things and started to walk off. Of course you and the company followed him "Are you just going to leave?" you asked and he sighed "I was waiting for you to come with me" he said turning to face you.

"Take us all to Laketown" you said and his eyes widened.

~*~

Written by Hannah.