Kili- Amralime (c)

Amralime. What did that even mean?

You were a human travelling with the company and even though they got along with you, you were still not really welcome due to being human. Thorin was civil but because of you being a human he didn't really accept you.

Due to dwarves being very secretive, you didn't really know too much about their culture, and they certainly never taught you how to speak khuzdal.

Although Thorin didn't like you, and the others were relatively secretive Kili was always friendly, overly friendly perhaps. And for the last few weeks he kept calling you Amralime. You asked what it meant but he wouldn't tell you.

You were pretty sure that he had also told the rest of the company not to tell you the meaning either as you had asked everyone. All they did was smile and tell you they had no idea of the meaning. Even Bilbo responded with what seemed like a rehearsed response, and Gandalf refused to answer as well.

It had become a nickname of sorts that only Kili called you. You liked it, if seemed nice, but you wanted to know what he actually meant.

The question of the meaning had been running wild through your mind until now. Kili came and sat down with you on the other side of the fire to everyone else.

It was a cold evening, and he sat close to you, so your legs were pressed next to each other.

"Hello," he whispered.

"Hey," you smiled at him.

"Do you still want to know what Amralime, means?" he asked.

You looked at him with a smile. Would he tell you?

"Are you actually going to tell me, or is this just a question?" you questioned.

"I'll tell you if you want to know that is," he shrugged lightly.

"I want to know."

He looked up from his feet and looked you in the eyes with a scared expression. He let out a sigh.

"Um... it means..." he paused, "it means My Love."

You looked at him for a second trying to figure out whether he was telling the truth or not.

"Why didn't you tell me?" you asked.

"I didn't know if you liked me too and I was just kind of scared that you wouldn't feel that way about me, so I didn't really want to tell you. But Fili made me realise I shouldn't keep it from you as I'd never know how you truly felt about me," he shrugged keeping his head down.

You laughed at him softly. You had always liked him, he was sweet and funny, and by far the most attractive of the company.

Without hesitation you leaned in using your hand to lift up his chin so he faced you, whilst you leaned in pressing your lips to his in a soft yet passionate kiss.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.