Fili- Drunk (c)

You heard loud banging on your front door. It was getting late, so it worried you slightly as to who would be at your door at this time in the evening. You put your book down on the side table, before slowly sneaking over to the front door looking through the spy hole.

There on your door step stood two dwarves. Not any two dwarves, they were the Princes of Erebor and one of them was courting you.

You unlatched the door, opening to reveal the brothers. Fili was leaning on Kili, who seemed to be struggling to hold up his brother's weight.

"What are you two doing here?" you whispered, trying not to speak loudly, as you had grumpy neighbours.

"I... I..." Fili stumbled over his words.

Kili sighed, "He wanted to talk to you."

"Is he drunk?" you asked.

"Yes. He was too scared to talk to you, so he got wasted first," he shrugged, "can we come in please, he's heavy."

You nodded letting the two brothers into you home.

Both of them had been here on more than one occasion, so Kili knew exactly where he was going, when he dragged his brother into your living room, letting him fall onto the sofa.

"I'll leave you with him, see if he can actually say anything coherent," Kili stated, "I'll wait in the kitchen."

You nodded at the younger prince as he left the room. Once he had left, you knelt down in front of Fili taking your hands in his.

He lifted his head, revealing his cheeky grin.

"Y/N," he groaned.

"Hey Fee, Kili told me you wanted to speak to me, but had to get drunk to do so?" You said in a questioning tone.

"Yeah... I wanted... I want... I wanted to tell you... that I... I... I love you," he mumbled.

You paused, the smile on your face growing.

"Are you being serious Fee?" you whispered.

He nodded still grinning.

"I didn't trust sober me to tell you. I was scared you don't love me too," he frowned.

You smiled softly lifting one of your hands to rest softly against his cheek. His hand followed to cup your hand.

"Fee, I love you too. I always have, you didn't have to get pissed to tell me how you felt. But we are going to discuss this when you are sober, as it could be the alcohol talking. I hope it isn't as you did ask me to start courting so I'm presuming you do have feelings for me. And we will also have to discuss you getting completely hammered," you sighed.

"I can handle that," he laughed, "I love you Y/N."

"I know, I love you too. But come on you are in no state to walk home, you can crash here."

You shouted to Kili to tell him he could stay the night, leading him to the spare bedroom whilst leading Fili to your bed, whilst you went and slept on the couch.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.