Dwalin- Anon (c)

Y/E/N- Your Ex's Name

Your tears streamed down your face as you hugged the pillow on your bed. You never thought that it would hurt this badly but now it felt as though your heart was going to be ripped out of your chest. Usually when you needed someone to comfort you, you would have gone to him but that wasn't advisable now. Nothing to do with him was advisable now.

The only other people you could speak to were your brothers but, although the man you had loved broke your heart, you did not wish for him to be killed.

Balin probably wouldn't have killed him, but wouldn't have left alone, whereas Dwalin would have left within seconds to kill him. You couldn't tell them for that reason. Y/E/N had broken your heart through breaking your courtship due to an infatuation with a different female dwarf.

You had loved him, and that made it even more painful.

For a while you stayed in your room crying until you heard one of your brothers come into your home, you did your best to wipe away the tears, but your brother had knocked in the door and opened it allowing them to see you still tearful.

There stood the younger of the two. Dwalin's face became sterner, if possible, as he walked over to you.

"What happened?" He asked, "Are you hurt?"

You shook your head.

"I am only emotionally hurt," You whispered, afraid your voice would betray you and crack.

"Who hurt you?" He bellowed, "Y/N. Who was it? I will them."

"No. No, please do not hurt him. It would give me pleasure to see him hurt, but revenge will not bring me happiness in the long term," You signed.

He looked at you slightly confused. Knowing your brother he was trying to figure out how it works that you did not want revenge, but anger crossed his face again.

"Y/E/N? He made you upset? What did he do?" Dwalin growled.

"He ended our courtship. He met someone else, and has been seeing her for some time. I do not know whether I feel worse that he broke the courtship or that he was seeing someone else," You said softly, doing your best to not allow your sadness or anger to come out through your voice.

"You cannot allow him to just leave you like this without consequences," Your brother stated.

"I do not care. I just want the pain to stop," You sighed.

He went to argue but saw the tears brimming in your eyes again. He let out a sigh wrapping an arm around you, pulling you to him so he could hug you.

Although up you knew once you calmed down he would start talking about murdering your ex, but for now he was simply being a good brother and you valued that dearly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by Anon on Tumblr.