Numb

Seulki struggles with her newfound status

Seulki glanced at her phone. It was almost midnight. She wasn't sure how long she had been sitting out on the bench, but it had to have been a while. She was numb from the chill of the night air and her hair and clothes were damp from the drizzle of the rain that had started about 20 minutes ago. She didn't particularly care at the moment. She welcomed the feeling of numbness.

She heard the patter of feet running up to her but she didn't want to move. She didn't really care, either. "Found you," they breathed out, stopping in front of her and breathing heavily. She let out a sad chuckle and shrugged her shoulders, "you always were the best at hide and seek." Taehyung sighed and sat down next to her, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around her thin one.

"You're gonna catch a cold. How long have you been out here?" She shrugged again because she didn't know. "I'm assuming it didn't go well?" He asked and Seulki let her shoulders sag and her head drop as she fought off more tears. He sighed again, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her to his side. She trembled a bit in his hold but he wasn't sure if that's because she was cold or holding in her sobs or both.

"Let's go home, yeah? You'll catch your death out here." Seulki let him pull her up as she scoffed quietly. "It wouldn't matter." Taehyung froze momentarily, narrowing his eyes at her in the darkness of the night. She looked broken and lost. Her eyes were red and puffy, the tip of her nose was red. This was probably the first time in a very, very long time he had seen her hair in disarray and not tied up or styled. Her clothes were damp and she was wearing one of their sweatshirts because it was far to big for her small frame. "Don't say things like that," he muttered as he pulled her along.

Back at the dorm it was eerily silent. She had kind of expected the others to be waiting around the corner for when she walked back in. But it was silent. No one was waiting and it seemed like it was only her and Taehyung. "Go change," he murmured, pushing her towards her room. She didn't say anything, doing what he asked. In her new pajama set, she pulled the covers over her and closed her eyes.

Right now, her biggest fear was coming true. She was alone. Technically she knew she wasn't alone, but she was alone. Once the boys moved on with their lives and in their careers, she'd be left alone. Jimin would have Jane. Jane would have Jimin. Harin would still have Yunho or someone else. Byeol had Shownu. Nari had San. Seulki was going to be left utterly alone when everyone decided to move on to the next phase of their life. She wasn't going to have anyone.

The thought of her sitting in an empty apartment by herself made the tears start falling again. "I made you some tea," Taehyung said as he walked in, eyes going wide at Seulki doing her best not to sob out loud. He quickly placed the tea on her bedside table, sitting on the bed and pulling her into his arms. "It's alright, S. It's just a breakup. It'll get easier. I'm here." She only gripped his arms and shook her head.

"I'm going to be alone, I am alone!" She cried out and Taehyung was confused. "You're not alone, Seulki. You have all of us. You have your friends. You're not alone, baby. You never have been." She shook her head again, sobbing harder. "That's not what I mean!" Taehyung rocked her back and forth, trying to calm her down. Jungkook poked his head in and Taehyung stared at him with wide eyes. Jungkook quietly stepped in, crawling across the bed.

"Haven't I told you how ugly you look when you cry before?" He teased. Seulki blindly swung out at him and Taehyung narrowed his eyes. "Not the time, Kook," he said sharply and Jungkook sent him a sheepish smile. "What happened, baby?" Jungkook asked, sitting with his legs crossed facing the two. She took in a few deep breaths so she could talk before lifting her head up. She didn't dare move out of Taehyung's hold.

She told them the short talk her and Hyungwon had. What he had said and how he was right. How terrible of a girlfriend she had been. She told them about her fear. About being alone and feeling alone, explaining it as best as she could. The two boys sighed, sharing a look. "I think we're going to have a sleepover tonight," Jungkook said, clapping his hands and running out of the room. He was back a few moments later with extra pillows and blankets.

"Sleepover?" Seulki asked and Taehyung nodded with his boxy smile. "We want to talk more, but you're exhausted. It's all over your face. So, we're going to sleep and we can talk more tomorrow if you want too, okay?" Seulki nodded, settling down in her pillows and the two boys made themselves comfortable around her.

At least she wouldn't have to be alone tonight.