Miniseries: Growing Up: Jin

Jin watching Seulki grow up

A/N: This was a request and I decided to turn it into a little miniseries because I love the concept they were looking for. I hope you enjoy!

Being the oldest in the group, Jin practically raised all of his members. Well, he'd like to think that he at least had a hand in helping them through their perilous journey. He looks at all of them like they are his children, his brothers and sister and watching them mature, fight through the hardships, find who they are and hone in on their skills and find their own way to live happily. The one he had the hardest time watching grow into their own person was Seulki.

It's not that he didn't want her to always depend on them; in fact, it was quite the opposite. But Seulki was their baby, their maknae, his sister. He always felt the need to protect her, care for her and be the one she can lean on when she's having a hard time. Watching her grow and become the beautiful, independent woman that he always knew she would be, was a jarring thought. He was proud of her, in so many ways. And it hit him when they watched her solo stage on their most recent tour. She wasn't a baby anymore.

All 7 boys were gathered around the monitor while stylists and makeup artists were finishing up last minute touches. Seulki was on stage, owning it like it was her own tour, her own concert. Jin watched proudly, ignoring the revealing outfit that she was wearing, trying his best not to go into overprotective brother mode. He was always amazed at her singing, her voice. Even when they were trainees, her voice never broke or wavered during practices or monthly evaluations. Even during some of their most challenging choreography, her voice always remained strong and steady.

Jin never understood why she never asked for more lines in their songs or why it took her so long to finally write her own solo song, with the help of Namjoon of course. He liked to pride himself on being the one that taught her to be humble and appreciate what they had, but at the same time, they had argued countless number of times before about her talking to Bang for more lines and a solo song. The arguments usually always ended with Seulki storming away and then Jimin coming to calm Jin down and eventually, the two would apologize and leave it for the next time.

However, the last argument about it, before they released this album, Jin was surprised when Seulki quickly agreed. He had helped her in any way her could; he set up the meeting with Bang and went with her, he helped find melodies and instructed Yoongi to help her make her own to her own tastes, he commissioned Namjoon to help with lyrics with the promise of cooking his favorite meals every night even though he knew Namjoon would have helped either way. He went with her to the choreography practices, doing them with her in case she ever needed another back up dancer.

And now, watching it all together on stage, he felt happy tears pricking the corners of his brown eyes. He had never seen her happier than when she was on stage, whether it be with all of them or on her own or in a unit. She mindlessly did the choreography with her as she moved around, a large smile plastered on his face. She finished, breathing heavily and jumped off the platform before it had a chance to stop. "Yah! Wait for it to stop first!" Jin scolded and Seulki rolled her eyes, a staff member bringing an oxygen can to her and she took some deep breaths.

Jin frowned, moving closer to she could hear him. "Are you okay?" He asked and Seulki smiled, nodding her head. "We all use them after we perform, oppa. I'm really okay." He nodded but promised himself to keep an eye on her. "You did great, Seulki-ah." He said and she smiled, turning to face him. "Well, it's all thanks to you, oppa!" She shouted and he looked at her, confused. "I didn't do anything?" She laughed, slipping on the top for their next stage after Jimin's solo and the stylist moved in to hastily fix her hair.

"If you hadn't kept nagging me about doing a solo song, this never would have happened." She said, pointing to the stage and Jin smiled. However, his frown faltered as he saw Hyungwon make his way over, kissing Seulki on her cheek. She smiled brightly, talking with him. Jin moved forward a little, placing his hand a little to tightly on her shoulder. "Thanks for coming, Hyungwon, but we need to get ready to go back on." His eyes were narrowed and Hyungwon sighed, chuckling to himself. He kissed Seulki on her head, wishing them both good luck and made his way back to the VIP section.

"Why do you always do that?" Seulki hissed and Jin shrugged, ruffling her hair to which the stylist smacked his hand away and hastily smoothed it down. "Just because you're older doesn't mean you're not my baby." He said and Seulki scoffed. "Oppa, I'm 23. I'm not a baby." Jin just chuckled, wrapping his arm around her and dragging her along with him, making sure to place his hand on her head so if she bumped on of the equipment, it would be his hand hurt and not her head. "I still have to protect from the evils of men,"

Seulki scoffed, pushing his hand off. "I've lived with 7 of them for 6 years. I think I know all the evils there is to know." She wiggled her eyebrows for dramatic effect and Jin laughed, helping her up onto the platform. "You don't know the half of it, S." She didn't respond, rolling her eyes and getting into position. The platform moved up and they all took the stage and Jin, once again, couldn't help but beam with adoration and admiration.

This was their Seulki, his Seulki. All grown up and finally, loving herself.