Insecurities

Seulki feels insecure around BTS's new friend, Halsey

Seulki sighed as the stylist finished helping her into her crop top. "Suck it in, lady," her stylist joked around but Seulki was in no mood for jokes. She slumped over a little as the stylist finished tying up her shirt. "What's wrong, Seulki?" Seulki sighed again, shaking her head. "It's nothing." Her stylist shrugged and then sent her on her way. BTS was currently recording their music video for Boy With Luv. Seulki loved the song and though she thought the choreography was quite simple, she was glad it was easy to do in heels. She walked on to the set, looking around for her members. Jin and Taehyung were still getting their hair fixed, Yoongi was napping on the couch that was supposed to be their prop, Jungkook, Namjoon and Jimin were talking with Halsey while Hoseok listened in.

Seulki sighed, going over and pushing Yoongi's feet off the couch, sitting down. "Yah!" Yoongi yelled, sitting up. His eyes softened when he saw it was just Seulki. "Are we starting again already?" He yawned, stretching. Seulki shook her head, her silver hair falling in her face. "What's wrong with you?" Seulki briefly glanced back at Namjoon, Jimin and Jungkook all talking and laughing with Halsey. "Nothing, I'm okay. Just want to get this over with. It's been a long day." Yoongi ruffled her hair, sitting up as Seulki glared at him. "If you say so, weirdo. I need to pee." He got up and made his way to the restroom and Seulki sunk into the couch.

She couldn't help her insecurities. Sure, she was taller than Halsey, but she was no where near prettier than her. She envied the older's ombre hair that seemed to fall over her shoulders so effortlessly. Her makeup was done flawlessly and looked so natural that Seulki almost got up and asked the stylist to redo hers. Her clothes seemed to fit to the shape of her body perfectly; not too tight but not too loose and still showing off her perfect figure. Seulki absentmindedly grabbed a strand of her hair, examining it. She sighed again, standing up and walking over to a mirror. She immediately began scrutinizing herself. Her eyes were a little glossy from watering from the bright lights. Her hair was dry from all the dying and while she knew the stylist wouldn't have let her walk out with her hair looking like a hot mess, it was all she could see. She noticed some acne scars and made a mental note to go see a dermatologist at some point when she had free time.

She was so engrossed in scrutinizing herself that she didn't notice Jimin had walked up beside her along with Halsey. "What's my beautiful sister doing just staring into the mirror?" Jimin said teasingly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Nothing," Seulki said a little too quickly. "I love your hair, Seulki! I wanted to do mine like that but I'm afraid it'll fall off with all the bleaching." Halsey said, flicking some of her hair behind her shoulder. Seulki smiled small, not meeting her eyes. "I know what you mean; mine looks so dry." Halsey let out a small laugh, "not even close," Seulki was even envious of the bright smile on her face and the perfectly straight, white teeth. Maybe she should go get a teeth whitening too. The director called for them to shoot their last scene and Seulki made her way to the couch, taking her place next to Taehyung.

The director called Namjoon over and they spoke in hushed tones before Namjoon nodded, smiling. He turned and met Seulki's hazel eyes. "S, he thinks it would be better if you sat in the middle with Halsey." Seulki opened her eyes wide, never have been the center before she wasn't sure she wanted that attention. However, she plastered a smile to her face and nodded, moving to the middle of the couch and sitting next to Halsey who wrapped an arm around her shoulders lightly. "Girl power!" She made a fist at Seulki and she shyly fist bumped her. The shooting ended without any issue and Seulki quietly changed and made her way to the car and waited for the others so they could go home. However, she was too lost in her thoughts. She sat next to Halsey and was worried that she was going to be compared to her when the video came out.

She sighed, leaning her head against the window and throwing her headphones in, closing her eyes. She didn't hear the other boys come in until Taehyung, as if he knew her mood wasn't the brightest, pulled her to his body and laid her head on his shoulder, kissing the top of it. Seulki lightly smiled, snuggling into his side. Taehyung hummed in happiness but didn't question her mood in front of everyone which she was grateful for. When they arrived back at the dorm, Jin ordered everyone to wash up while he started dinner. Seulki raced to the bathroom, screaming in triumph when she beat Jimin to it. "Seulki don't use all the hot water or I swear to god." He muttered, sitting on the ground by the door to stop anyone from running in after she finished. She giggled, ruffling his hair and closed the door. Her smile fell once she was alone.

She stared at herself in the mirror, scrutinizing herself all over again. She made a decision from there on she was going to do what she could to make herself look better. She quickly showered, refusing dinner, wanting to wake up early the next day. The next morning, she was dressed to the nines in designer clothes, hair in pigtail braids down her back, and makeup on. She left the dorm quietly, not wanting to wake anyone. She walked to the company, sitting down with her stylist and manager, explaining what she wanted. "S-Seulki, are you sure about this?" Her manager asked. "Yes, I want to be the best I can for the group. I don't want to bring them down any. If this will help boost our visuals, I'm okay with it." Her manager sighed and exchanged a glance with the stylist. "If it's what you want, we can't tell you no. However, I think it's a little drastic. You're beautiful the way you are, but I can give you some contacts I know." Her stylist said, writing down some names and numbers. Seulki smiled brightly, bowing to them and heading home.

She made sure to stop for coffee for everyone before she returned and a vanilla bean Frappuccino for Taehyung. "I'm home and I brought coffee!" Seulki announced and everyone happily crowded around her, taking their coffee. "Where were you?" Yoongi asked, sipping his coffee. "Just at the company, I had to talk to manager about something." She shrugged, watching Hoseok flipping through channels. "Hmm, was it about this?!" Jungkook said, swiping a pamphlet out of her bag and Seulki yelped at him, trying to get it back. "Jeon Jungkook if you ever want to have children give that back!" She yelled but Jungkook just giggled, jumping up on the couch and raising his arm. "Must suck to be that short," he teased and Seulki lunged at his legs, toppling him over.

The pamphlet flew out of his hands and near Yoongi, who picked up and then growled. "What is this, Choi Seulki?" The atmosphere went tense and Seulki kept her eyes trained on the ground, getting off Jungkook. "It's nothing." She said quietly before Jin swiped the pamphlet out of Yoongi's hand, eyes narrowing. "Who told you to do this?" He turned it around and Jimin and Namjoon gasped in shock. "Plastic surgery? Really?" Hoseok said in disbelief. "Tell me who told you needed it and I'll go kick their ass right now." Namjoon said, standing up. Seulki sighed, laying back on the floor and staring at the white ceiling. "No one told me. I want too." Yoongi narrowed his eyes at her and so did Jin. Before she knew it she had 7 pairs of eyes all looking down at her, none of them looking happy.

"You don't need this crap," Yoongi said. "You're pretty already. There's nothing you need to change." The rest of the boys hummed in agreement. Seulki groaned, covering her face with her hands. "I need it." She said. No one was understanding. "When we were working with Halsey last week, she looked so much better than me. She had the perfect body tone, her hair didn't look burned out from dying, her makeup looked like she always has it on. I look nothing like that. I just don't want to bring the group down." She said the last part quietly but they all heard it. Jimin sighed, leaning down behind her and lifting her up and leaning her back on his chest. "S, you will never bring us down. You contribute so much to everything. We wouldn't be half of where we are if you weren't part of us."

She looked up at the 6 boys in front of her and titled her head to look at the one currently holding her. "Do you mean it?" Taehyung chuckled, ruffling her hair and leaning down to her eye level. "Of course we mean it, dove. You're already perfect for us." The others hummed in agreement and Seulki smiled, feeling foolish. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." Namjoon brushed it off, "it happens to the best of us." Seulki stayed on the floor with Jimin as Hoseok finally picked a channel with some random movie for everyone to watch.

"We can't have more than one world-wide handsome, Seulki. You know this." Jin said and Seulki rolled her eyes. "How could I forget with you reminding everyone a million times a day."