The Talk

The boys and Bang have a talk with Seulki about her recent anxiety

"Hey, Seulki," Namjoon said. She was currently sitting with her back against the mirrored walls, scrolling through her phone. "Bang said he wanted to talk, and I think you should be there." She shrugged, standing up and throwing her hoodie on. "Probably about my freak out earlier, I'm assuming?" She asked and Namjoon nodded. "He actually asked for all of us to go," Jimin said quietly, holding out his phone to show the text message. Seulki raised her brow, her anxiety increasing a little. "Is he finally going to fire me?" Seulki joked half-heartedly but the boys knew better. Jin smacked the back of her head and she glared at him. "You talk to much." He said simply and she scoffed, crossing her arms. "Let's get this over with."

Namjoon sighed, nodding his head for everyone to follow. They all piled into the meeting room, sitting down around the table and waiting for Bang to come in. Seulki fidgeted with the hem of her hoodie, eyes staring down at the blue material. "He's not firing you, pabo." Jin sighed and Seulki looked up, glaring at him. "I know that, oppa." Jin was about to retort when there was a knock on the door and they all stood up, bowing as their boss walked in. "Please, sit. We have some things to discuss." Seulki took a deep breath, sitting back down in her chair and leaning her arms on the table. "Seulki, I'd like to talk about what's going on." He said and she looked back at him with feigned innocence. "Nothing?" She said and Bang narrowed his eyes, humming in response. "Boys. Care to tell me what's been going on?" He turned to the other 7 members who averted their gaze, but clearly all had something to say. "Taehyung."

V jumped at Bang's voice, calling him out. He cleared his throat and avoided Seulki's piercing gaze that he could feel on him. "Well?" Bang raised his brows and V sighed, placing his chin in his hand. "She's been—I don't know what you would call it—more nervous about large crowds lately." Seulki narrowed her eyes slightly but didn't say anything. "She had an anxiety attack at the concert a few weeks ago. It didn't stop till Kookie flicked her forehead." Jimin chimed in and Seulki glared at him, but he too, refused to meet her gaze. "When we go to airports, she gets so nervous from the crowds or large amount of people. She physically trembles." Hoseok said and Seulki stared daggers at him. He smiled sadly in apology, but it was time that Seulki understood what was happening isn't just a normal everyday occurrence.

"Before we even came here she joked about you 'finally firing her' but we all know that it was hardly a joke." Jin said, using air quotes. Seulki sighed, averting her gaze to the table. She was becoming increasingly annoyed. "She won't leave the dorm by herself; which most of us don't but you can see her panic when one of us can't go with her. Same with her individual schedules too." Yoongi spat out and Seulki clenched her jaw. "Jungkook, Namjoon?" Bang said, looking towards the only two that haven't spoken. "I've just noticed she gets more worried and doubts herself more, especially when we're about to perform. That's never happened before. She's always been confident about her performance." Namjoon said and Seulki couldn't even be mad at that one because it was true. "She's quieter and keeps more to herself—well—more than usual." Jungkook said, shrugging his shoulders.

Bang hummed, looking back at Seulki. "Still nothing?" Seulki scoffed, crossing her arms. "Like none of them ever get nervous in large crowds of strangers or when we're about to perform in front of huge crowd?! It's completely normal. I just need a minute and then I can get through it." She mumbled the last part, staring angrily at the table. "Getting through it isn't the best terminology. You should want to proceed, want to go up on stage. Not be afraid of it." Bang said and Seulki widened her eyes a little at him. "Seulki, this all started after the incident with the sasaeng fan, correct?" She shrugged but Namjoon answered for her, confirming its truth. "Why haven't you said anything about how much it bothers you?" Bang asked and Seulki shrugged, her shoulders slumping in defeat. "Because it's stupid to be nervous about it."

Bang sighed, leaning back in his chair. "It's not stupid, Seulki. It's perfectly normal, especially in your profession, especially when you've had a frightening experience with it before. And, there is no telling that it wouldn't happen again, but we do everything we can to prevent it from happening again." She nodded, knowing his words were true. She couldn't keep going on this way, she'd burnout or lose her head. "If you keep at this, not getting ahead on this anxiety and not talking about your fears with someone, you're going to come to loathe what you do." She nodded, knowing it was true. "I can talk to the boys more." She said quietly and Yoongi shook his head. If there was any way her could help her to his best ability right now, it was this moment. "We can't help you."

Seulki looked at him, eyes wide with worry. "You need to talk to someone else. A professional. We can listen, S. But we can't give you the skills to get through it. And you, yourself, know that there are things you aren't going to tell us." She nodded, biting her lower lip. "We have someone, Seulki. For you to talk to. But you have to want to, for you. Not just because this is what we're hoping you'd do." Namjoon said quietly. Seulki sighed and Hoseok grabbed her hand under the table, giving it a gently squeeze. "You don't have to decide right now, S. You can think it over, talk to one of us about your decision, and then make a choice." She shook her head, grateful they weren't trying to rush her to make a decision, but she needed to. For the sake of staying with her boys and for her. She looked up, looking her boss and every one of her members directly in the eye.

"I'll do it."