Own Space

Seulki gets anxious when the boys start getting their own apartments

"This is really nice, hyung." Taehyung said to Yoongi as they walked around his billion-dollar apartment he just signed a lease on. The others hummed in agreement, awe-struck by the luxurious space. "You have like, nothing. What are you even going to fill it with?" Jimin teased and Yoongi slapped the back of his head. "I have money to buy things now." Seulki giggled a little but she couldn't help the pit of anxiety that was building in her stomach. She did her best to ignore it, keeping a smile on her face and staying as positive as she could for her member. The apartment was really nice, it was located in one of the most expensive places to live in Korea. The view from the picture window was also breathtaking and Seulki just stood there, staring out of it for a while.

"You good, S?" Jimin said, coming to stand next to her. She smiled, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just really pretty." She said, referring to the city view. Jimin hummed in agreement beside her before wrapping his hand around her wrist and pulling her towards the only couch as of right now and sitting next to her. "You know," Namjoon said, "I'm actually signing a lease on a place next week. I'd love for you all to come and see it." He said and Seulki's smile faltered a little. "That's great, hyung! Can we bring the gaming console?" Jungkook asked and Namjoon chuckled, saying it was fine. "But so help me god if any of you break anything." Jin scoffed, laughing to himself. "I think you're the one who should be worried about breaking something."

"I'm supposed to be going to look at places tomorrow with Jimin-ie." Hoseok said and Seulki raised her brow. "For both of you?" Jimin nodded happily beside her. "Yeah! It's gonna be fun. You should come too, S. If you're not busy." He said, nudging her arm with his elbow. She shook her head, averting her eyes to the ground. "I have a schedule tomorrow." She said quietly. Jimin had worry laced in his eyes for a fraction of a second until Taehyung spoke up. "Maybe I should start looking too. Jin hyung is supposed to be singing a lease tomorrow. He's not far from Yoongi hyung." He said and Jin nodded. "Yeah. Once it's all set up I'll have a housewarming party." Seulki couldn't ignore the anxiety anymore and she stood up abruptly. "Oppa? Do you have a rooftop? I need some air." She said looking and Yoongi.

He nodded, telling her what floor to push on the elevator and she practically ran out of the room. "What's with her?" Jungkook asked and the others shrugged. "This place is big, it's not like you can feel claustrophobic." He commented and no one responded, not too concerned. "Maybe she just wanted to see the view." They continued their conversation for a few minutes and Jungkook kept glancing towards the door, a little worried Seulki still hadn't come back yet. "I'm going to check on her." He said, standing up and walking towards the door. "Hurry up, we have to leave soon. We have a schedule." Namjoon said, pulling his phone out. Jungkook nodded, walking quickly towards the elevator and impatiently tapping his foot as he waited for the doors to open.

Once the elevator doors opened on the highest floor he made his way to the metal door, pushing it open with ease and looking around. He found Seulki's small frame leaning over the edge of the building, staring out into the seemingly endless skyline. He smiled a little, taking in her appearance. She was dressed simply today, a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and one of his sweaters that was far to big on her but she made it work like she was walking on a runway. Her fading lavender hair blew gently in the breeze. He walked up beside her silently and she sighed, feeling his presence. He leaned his butt on the ledge, crossing his arms and looking at her. "Penny for your thoughts?" He said and Seulki briefly glanced at him before looking back out into the city below them. "Nothing, Kookie. Just enjoying the weather and the view. It's really pretty." She said.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, scooting closer to her and elbowing her in the arm. "Yah!" She said, rubbing her arm and glaring at him. "Stop being so overdramatic. I barely touched you." She scoffed, turning around to match his posture, crossing her black booted feet over each other. "I'm fine, really. It's stupid. I'll get over it." Jungkook's gaze softened and he wrapped an arm around her, kissing her temple. "I'd think by now you'd know that doesn't work on me." He said teasingly and she laughed lightly. "I guess you're right." They stood there in silence for a few more minutes, Seulki closing her eyes and truly just enjoying the weather. They didn't get much time to just be outside without managers or fans or paparazzi bombarding them. "We don't have all day, S. You're burning precious sunlight." Jungkook teased again and she scoffed, bumping him with her hip.

"It's really nothing. I'm just being stupid." She muttered and Jungkook wrapped his arm around her again and she leaned into his touch. "It's not stupid, Seulki." She sighed, groaning at herself. She literally had no reason to be upset or feel anxious. They all deserved their own space. "I'm just a little nervous. About everyone leaving." Jungkook raised his eyebrow. "What are you talking about? No one's leaving." Seulki groaned again. "I know, I know that. But everyone is getting their own apartments. And that's great! I'm really happy for all of you, really. But I just. . . I just thought that'd we'd all live together. Y'know? Until we disbanded or someone died or something." Jungkook laughed, clutching his stomach. "I told you it was stupid!" Seulki groaned, covering her face with her hands.

Jungkook calmed down. "I don't mean to laugh. It's not stupid." Seulki looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "Seulki, we're still going to live in the dorm together. There is no plans for disbandment, ever. We're going to be doing this for as long as we can and even when we have to stop, we're still family. We're not going to just act like none of us existed. We just want our own space sometimes, you know? Somewhere we can just be with ourselves." Seulki sighed, averting her gaze to the floor. "I know that and you all deserve that. I'm just going to miss you all." She said quietly and Jungkook smiled softly, placing this thumb under her chin and lifting her face up to meet his.

"Choi Seulki, we're not going anywhere. We're all going to be here. Maybe you can get your own place too!" He said excitedly and Seulki shook her head. "What do I need my own place for? I have the dorm." Jungkook scoffed, ruffling her hair. "Your own space that you can decorate however you want? Have over anyone you want without the worry of us barging in?" She laughed a little. "I guess you're right. Maybe I can look." Jungkook smiled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her towards the door. "Come look with me. We can be neighbors! Then it'll be like you never even moved out." She grinned, liking the sound of that idea. "Okay. I can do that." Jungkook hummed happily. "By the way, I think you bruised my hip when you bumped me." He said, clutching his hip. Seulki rolled her eyes, pushing the button for the elevator.

"If you're going to be so dramatic I don't know if I could be your neighbor."