Miniseries: Growing Up: Hoseok

Hoseok being protective over Seulki

Hoseok loves all his members; he'd go to hell and back for them. But him, like the other boys, felt a strong need to protect their small maknae. They all know that she is more than capable of taking care of herself and fending for her own, they all are. But he also knows that to let others know there is other people to stand by their side and have their back is a comfort that not everyone gets to experience in their lifetime.

He had sort of become the unspoken protector for her in large crowds. Sure, the others would make sure she was safe just fine and their security, but it was a little feat that showed her how much he cares. When it came to walking through the airports and large crowds, he was always the one making sure that she was keeping up and either right behind him or right in front of him. His hand would never leave hers, always making sure there was some form of contact between the two.

The one time that he did lose contact in a particularly large crowd, everyone is in full-on panic mode. Security had found her almost immediately, but she had still been hurt minorly and he couldn't help the guilt that it was his fault. Of course, everyone, including Seulki had assured him numerous times that it wasn't; the crowd was larger than normal and they were short on body guards that day. It was just an accident. But from that day forward, Hoseok made sure she never left his line of sight.

And they were placed in the same situation today. There was a larger than normal crowd and only so much staff with them. "Just keep together, keep your head down and book it towards the cars." Namjoon said before they walked out of the gate. The others nodded their head, pulling their masks up and keeping their heads down. Seulki couldn't help but giggle. They looked like a line of high schoolers that had just gotten in trouble. "What's so funny?" Hoseok said, breaking formation and wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

She shook her head, pretending to scold him. "Hoseok-oppa! Don't break the line or detention for the next week!" She said, waving her finger in his face and he laughed, cheeks puffing out in a smile. "Sorry, Ms. Choi. I'll do better from now on." He saluted her, stepping behind her and placing his hand on the small of her back. Seulki patted his head and started walking. She'd never get used to the crowds of people that always awaited them when they were coming out of the airports. It did make her anxious, it would make any sane person anxious, but she also loved it. That they were loved enough for all these people to take time out of their day just to come see them walk a few seconds through an airport.

"You okay?" Hoseok whispered in her ear as the cheers of the crowd got louder. She nodded, offering him a small smile. "Just nervous, as we all are." She said and Hoseok grunted, pressing himself closer to her. "I got you, S. Don't worry." She smiled, following behind Jungkook and into the main part of the airport. She briefly saw the exit before the pushing and shoving started. Hoseok looped his finger in one of her belt loops, not allowing either of them to get lost from each other and she was more than grateful.

Jungkook stopped abruptly in front of her and Seulki ran into his back. She rubbed her aching nose, glaring at him. "Yah! Kookie! What the hell was that for?" He smiled sheepishly, apologizing. "I guess we're gonna take a picture." They had all turned, waving to the million flashes of cameras. Seulki didn't even notice the small female making her way up to them, just thought she was a new staff member she hadn't been introduced too. Until she went and stood directly next to Jungkook and Taehyung.

Yoongi had pushed Jimin behind him without a second thought. Seulki doesn't know how, but Hoseok was in front of her, pushing her small frame behind him and standing up at full height, eyes leveled with the stranger. It only lasted a few seconds before security had pushed her away, out of their reach. Seulki let out a shaky breath. Sasaeng fans were the absolute worst; always ruining the experience for others. "You good?" Hoseok asked, looking over his shoulder briefly but keeping his eyes trained on the crowd. Seulki nodded, placing her hands in the back pockets of his jeans.

She pinched his butt and Hoseok yelped, turning around to glare at her and she just giggled. "Whoops!" He rolled his eyes, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her along with the rest of them. They managed to make it to their respective cars, unscathed. Hoseok, Jimin and Seulki were sharing one car and as Hoseok climbed in, he slammed the door shut, letting out an exhausted sigh. "What is wrong with those people?" He asked to no one in particular and Jimin just shrugged.

"It's Kookie's sasaeng. Namjoon was already on the phone with Bang before we got in the cars. At least no one got hurt." Hoseok sighed, nodding his head. Seulki pouted. "I want a sasaeng fan." Jimin and Hoseok looked at her with wide eyes. "I'm sorry, what?!" Jimin asked and Seulki stuck out her tongue. "No one loves me enough to stalk me and walk up to me in airports and sit on the same planes as me." She was teasing and the boys knew it but at the same time, they thought their youngest had officially lost it.

"I don't understand you." Jimin mumbled, putting in his headphones and leaning his head against the window. Seulki stuck her tongue at him, flicking his arm to which he just lazily slapped her. "Yah! Oppa! He just smacked me!" Seulki said, turning her eyes to Hoseok and batting her eyelashes. Hoseok chuckled, shaking his head and pulling her towards him. "Jimin-ie! How could you hit our precious princess?! That's so rude of you." He playfully swatted at Jimin's thigh and Jimin just rolled his eyes. "I don't understand either of you." He grumbled and they both stuck their tongue out at him.

"Oppa, if I had a sasaeng, you would protect me, right?" She asked Hoseok and he smiled, nodding his head. "Always, baby."