Group Dynamics

Blast to the past when Seulki first joined BTS

"Your dancing is really good, but there's a few things we could work on," Hoseok said timidly to the girl. Seulki smiled, nodding a thanks to Namjoon who handed her a towel to wipe the sweat off her face. They were only a few months away from debut and trying desperately to find positions for everyone.

Bang had been clear that they needed to make the decision, not him. And while they had all picked Namjoon to be leader, the other spots were harder to pick. Seulki wasn't expecting any spot; she didn't think her skills matched up with what the rest of them had. Even V, who had no previous experience in anything seemed to be doing better than her.

"I think you're much better than Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung," Jimin said with a wink as the two older boys glared at him. Seulki giggled, shaking her head. "Honestly? I think they're better. You're all really good. But if I could make a suggestion?" She bit her lip, not sure if she was too "new" to be making recommendations.

"Of course," V said with his boxy smile. "I think Hoseok oppa should be main dancer. He's really good. And he can make up choreography on the spot. It'd be the perfect position." She let her hair fall over her face and cover it. Her cheeks heated up as no one said anything. "You really think so?!" Hoseok was jumping up and down, excited he was recommended for something.

She nodded shyly. "I'd be happy too! I won't let you down! I—I mean if everyone is okay with that." The others happily agreed and Seulki smiled a little. She was happy that her opinions were being taken into account. "Well if Hobi hyung is main dancer, I think Jimi-ssi should be lead." V said and the others nodded but Jimin shook his head.

"No—Jungkook should. He's better." Jungkook didn't say anything, just looked at his feet. "No—I think that they're right. You studied dancing is school. You're really good at it." Namjoon said and Jimin's cheek flushed as he focused on his hands. Seulki hummed in agreement. "I think you two would be the best choice," she said quietly.

Jimin reluctantly went along with it, but Seulki would make sure that she would show him just how talented he was. Maybe not today, but one day. "Well, we already know Namjoon-ie is main rapper and Suga hyung is lead. I'm just rap." Hoseok said, pointing between he three, Seulki nodded. Maybe she didn't have a place here? Sure, she could debut with them.

But her skill level compared to theirs didn't match. She felt they were light years ahead of her and she didn't really think she'd ever be able to match up with them. "What about you?" Jungkook said shyly, barely making eye contact with Seulki. She shrugged her shoulders, leaning her head down so more of her hair covered her red cheeks.

"I—I don't really think that I'll have an assigned position." She was met with the others telling her that wasn't true. She was their maknae, she was already a part of the team. She had a spot with them, even if it wasn't an "official" one. "Well, you can sing and rap and dance," Jimin said and Seulki just nodded.

"You'll just be a part of all three of those lines. An ace, kind of like Jungkook-ie." He beamed and she smiled, liking the sound of that. "I don't think I'm an ace by any means, but that does sound kind of cool." The others smiled, nodding enthusiastically. Finally, by the end of their practice they had found something for everyone.

Seulki couldn't wipe the smile off her face. The fac that they thought she was good enough to hold not one, not two, but three different positions was blowing her mind. She really didn't think she was that skilled but if this was going to be her family for the next who knows how many years, she was going to trust them and take it.

"You look like a kid in a candy store," Jin teased as they walked to their bus stop to head back to the dorm. Seulki shrugged, grabbing the strap of her backpack. "I'm just really happy. I found a place and I guess some really nice friends." She teased and Jin chuckled, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"You always had a place, baby. Bangtan. It's just more official now. For all of us." He winked and she giggled. He was right. Things were rough, money was tight but they were getting along, they were supporting one another and now they all had their new positions and new skill sets to work with. It may not have been long that she had been training with them and preparing, bt she felt like she was home. Like she had found her family.

She only wished she had someone she could call and gush about it with. Thankfully, V was there for her to do that because he wanted to gush just as much as he did. They spent more than the half night just talking about everyone's places, what they hoped to achieve and their long-term goals and dreams.

"Whoever thought some country farm boy like me would end up here," V said, gazing up at the sky. Seulki smiled. Yoongi had groaned and complained that they were talking to loud and he couldn't sleep. They had decided to move up to the roof and look out at the stars. "You deserve it, Tae. You're the sweetest and I know with just a little practice, you're going to be one of the best."

He smiled, ruffling her hair. "Well, duh. I know that too. But you'll be right there with me as the second best." She chuckled, gazing back up at the sky. It really was pretty and she was glad it was one of the rare nights that they could see the stars in Seoul. It didn't happen often and it was one of Seulki's favorite things to look at.

They were going to be stars, maybe not tomorrow, or even in a few months. But they would be, one day. And she had the perfect people by her side to celebrate with when that happened.