That's My Girl

Snippet of when Jungkook taught Seulki to properly throw a punch

Past:

"C'mon, lemme wrap your hands." Jungkook said, kneeling in front of a nervous Seulki. Jungkook had told her that her punches were horrendous and he couldn't believe that she hadn't broken her hand yet. Seulki wasn't much of a fighter anyways and didn't understand why she needed to learn how to punch something properly.

"Kook. . .I really don't think this is necessary." She examined her now bandaged hands, fingers trembling slightly. "Don't be a baby. Let's go." He pulled her up, walking towards a punching bag and Seulki slowly followed behind him. "Here, I'll show you and then you copy me." He threw a few punches and Seulki gulped. If she was ever behind one of those she'd be dead.

Jungkook chuckled at her, ruffling her hair. "You look like a frightened puppy. It's fine. I promise." She crossed her arms, a pout forming on her lips. "Jungkook, we're idols now. We don't fight. We can't fight. I don't need to learn this." Jungkook rolled his eyes, smirk on his face. "Just because we can't doesn't mean it might not happen one day. What if a fan gets to crazy? You're just gonna stand there?"

Seulki stared at him, hazel eyes widening slightly. "Or what if you're out alone and none of us are there and someone tries to hurt you? I'd find more comfort in knowing you know how to throw a proper punch." Seulki sighed, rolling her eyes but ready to really observe him now. "Fine. Teach me. If it makes you feel better." Jungkook smiled, teaching her how to hold her hands, how to throw the punch.

"Hit the bag." He said and Seulki did. It was weak, but it was something. "That was—pathetic." Jungkook frowned and Seulki glared at him. "Hit it like you mean it. Like you're angry or something." She tried again, but he just snorted. "I'm not angry! I can't just pretend." Jungkook shook his head, standing in front of her. "Then think of all those hate comments you've been reading."

She narrowed her eyes. She didn't know that any of them knew she was keeping tabs on the bad stuff. "We all know, don't ask so surprised. We all do it too." She frowned, patting his shoulder and he shook his head. "Think of those. Pretend the punching bag is all those people saying those things, all those comments. Pretend that it's us you're trying to protect from them."

That's all Seulki needed. She punched the bag so hard it almost fell over and Jungkook was beaming at her. "That's my girl."

Present

Seulki smiled at the memory in her head. Her meeting with Bang had went well and because they were only doing online promotion stuff for right now, he was more than happy to go along with the boys idea of her break. She wasn't too happy about that part, but there was nothing she could do.

She had convinced Yoongi to let her go to the gym while he went to work in his studio. He reluctantly agreed, only allowing her to go if she came up in an hour and let him know she was actually still there. She wrapped her wrists and hands up, tightening her blonde hair into a ponytail. She pinned her bangs back and threw on a headband.

She was glad it was still kind of early so, she had the gym to herself for now. The gym had been upgraded since Jungkook taught her; the bags now hung from chains on the ceiling and the rest of the equipment was all the latest models. She made her way to one of the bags, bouncing on her feet lightly and taking a breath.

Think of those hate comments.

Punch.

Pretend it's all those people making those comments.

Punch.

Pretend it's us that you're trying to protect from them.

Punch.

She let her all her anger out, not stopping for a break. She was alone so she started yelling out the comments before she would punch.

"Fat." Punch.

"She's just holding them back." Punch.

"Her eyes are weird." Punch.

"She doesn't deserve it." Punch.

She continued like that until she was just too tired, collapsing on the ground, sweating and breathing hard. But she felt good. Better than she has in a while. It was like a million weights had been lifted off her shoulders. She laid there for a few minutes, figuring that she had at least another 20 minutes before she had to go let Yoongi know she hadn't run off.

She stood back up, looking back at the bag and starting all over again. She jumped when she saw someone wrap their arm around the bag. "Kookie! You scared me!" She said and he chuckled, looking at her with pride. "What?" She said, wiping some of the sweat form her forehead. He shook his head, just smiling. "You're weird." She muttered, turning to her bag and grabbing her water bottle.

She sat down, chugging half of it as Jungkook came and sat next to her. "Aren't you supposed to be working?" He shrugged. "I'm taking a break. Yoongi-hyung said you were down here." She rolled her eyes, knowing that Yoongi had told him to come check and make sure she was actually down here. "But I supposed I should be getting back. Wanna get lunch later?" She nodded, smiling slightly. "Sounds nice."

He stood up, helping her up. She thanked him, kissing his cheek and going back to her punching routine. Jungkook stood there, smiling. She stopped, looking at him with a raised brow. "You really are a weirdo." He chuckled, kissing her temple before walking off.

"That's my girl."