Miniseries: Growing Up: Namjoon

Namjoon expresses how proud he is of their maknae

Namjoon would never forget the first time he saw Seulki struggling to write lyrics. He had woken up in the middle of the night, mouth begging for water. He quietly had made his way to the kitchen, only to be distracted by the soft glow of light coming from the living area. Forgetting about the dryness in his throat, he made his way to the living room, annoyed that the younger boys had probably fallen asleep playing video games again.

However, he was surprised to see Seulki sitting there, dark rimmed glasses slipping down her nose, black hair tied in a messy bun, and fluffy pink robe wrapped loosely around her pajama shorts and tank top. She was scribbling on a notebook page, mumbling cures words to herself every few minutes and furiously scratching words out then trying again. Namjoon jumped when she groaned in frustration, throwing the notebook across the room.

"S?" He said hesitantly, walking in and taking the spot next to her. "I can't write lyrics for anything. This is too hard." She ran her hands over her face and Namjoon couldn't help but chuckle. He had found himself in this situation numerous times before and Yoongi. He ruffled her hair, dimples making their way on his cheeks. "You'll get it, I'll help you." And Namjoon and Seulki spent the rest of the night and early morning writing lyrics.

Now, Namjoon, Yoongi, Seulki and Jimin were sat in an interview. The others had their own schedules to attend to and the four were told that the interview couldn't be rescheduled; they'd just have to do it. Of course, they'd all done interviews without everyone present before, but it was never the same as when all 8 of them were together. Seulki was absentmindedly paying attention, fiddling with her hands and playing with the hem of her skirt. Interviews bored her, especially when no one could seem to come up with new questions.

Then her ears perked up when she did hear a new question, directed towards her leader. "You're the third oldest of the group, Namjoon. What would you say was the best part of essentially watching your members grow up." Seulki and Jimin perked up, looking expectedly at their leader with big eyes. Namjoon chuckled, smile overtaking his face. "Jimin seems to have gotten a little taller," he joked and everyone laughed, Jimin included.

"In all seriousness, Jimi-ssi has worked so hard on his vocals and dancing. If you take performance videos from when we first debuted to right now, you can tell the difference. He was always great at both of them, but he's finally found himself and what works for him. He's happier these days to. I hope he stays that way." Everyone awed and Jimin pretended to wipe a tear away. "What about your maknae?" The interviewer asked and Seulki averted her gaze away from Namjoon.

He smiled, recalling the old memory of when he found Seulki throwing her notebook across the room. "When Seulki first joined us, she was very reserved and quiet. She had a lot of insecurities, but she never showed them." Seulki sighed as Jimin patted her leg, giving her knee a small squeeze. "She's grown up and matured a lot. One time, I woke up in the middle of the night and she had thrown her notebook across the room." There was a chorus of 'ah's' from around the room and Seulki giggled; it was one of her favorite memories.

"She was so upset because she couldn't figure out how to write the lyrics. It was cute. I helped her and we ended up staying up all night until she got it perfect. Now I don't have to help her at all; she does it on her own. She wrote most of the lyrics for one of our new songs coming out soon. I hope you all enjoy it." He looked at Seulki with pride and Seulki's cheeks flushed slightly as she bowed her head. She was smiling, happy to hear the praises. The interview ended shortly after that and the four made their way back to their hotel.

"I hope you know that I meant every word." Namjoon said quietly to Seulki. She nodded, offering him a small smile. "Do you know that's one of my favorite memories?" Seulki asked and Namjoon smiled, eyes turning into crescent moons as he wrapped an arm around her, kissing the top of her head. "Mine too." Seulki settled in comfortably, closing her eyes briefly until she was being shaken awake by Namjoon a few minutes later. She rubbed her eyes, stretching and making her way out of the car.

"Oppa?" Seulki asked, linking her arm with Namjoon's. He hummed in response, resting his hand on top of hers. "Can we write tonight? Like we used too." Namjoon smiled, nodding his head. The two spent the rest of the evening holed away in their hotel room, writing random lyrics just like they used to before. By 6 the next morning, Seulki had collapsed on her bed, papers scattered around her and fallen asleep. Namjoon smiled, quietly moving the papers off the bed and pulling the blanket over her.

A stray paper fell to the ground and he picked up, scanning it over. He smiled, looking fondly at his sleeping baby and placed the paper on the bedside table before climbing into the next bed and promptly falling asleep, the two short lines of lyrics playing through his mind.

We are, we are forever,

Bulletproof.