Weird

Seulki asks for help. . .from an unexpected person

Seulki straightened her top out as she went to get the door. She was still fuming over Yoongi's genius advice from the day before. She figured she'd have to ask someone else for advice. Someone who was really close with Hyungwon. Someone who knew him almost as good as she did. "Hey, Byeol!"

She grinned, letting the girl in. She smiled brightly, practically skipping inside. "Hey, S! Long time no see." She said in a chipper tone, sitting down. Byeol would never get over just how comfortable expensive furniture could be. She had the money to buy her own, but she liked the furniture her and Yugyeom had picked out. It was a special memory and she wanted to keep it all for as long as she could.

"It's nice to see you—chipper—again." Seulki said with a kind smile. Byeol laughed, shrugging her shoulders. "Things have been lighter lately I guess. I'm feeling much better. Sorry about that, by the way. I snapped the last time we were all together and it wasn't my place." Seulki waved her hand, shaking her head. "We all go through different things. No worries."

Byeol beamed at her. "So, what'd you call me over for? I can't imagine it's just to hang out." She said and Seulki pretended to pout. "Don't get me wrong," Byeol said with a chuckle, "you're cool, we're just not the closest. I was a little weirded out when you first called. I actually don't even remember giving you my number." Seulki smiled sheepishly. "I may have gotten it from Rin." Byeol let out a little 'ah' it all clicking into place.

"Plus, I do have something to ask you. But I did also want to get to know a little more. Especially if we're going to be hanging out together a lot. It's also nice to have some estrogen around." Byeol laughed, nodding her head. "Tell me about it. If it wasn't for Jane or Rin, I probably would have gotten a sex change." Seulki laughed, standing up and grabbing a pitcher of lavender lemonade she had made earlier.

"What's this?" Byeol asked, looking at the purple drink skeptically. "Oh! Sorry—I just. I've been trying to eat a little healthier and I saw this recipe earlier for lavender lemonade. It's supposed to help really well with anxiety and stomach issues. I just thought I'd try it. I have other things if you don't want it." Byeol shrugged, holding her cup out. "I'll try anything once. Plus, I could probably use a little reduction in anxiety."

Seulki noticed her brow furrow slightly but didn't press the matter. She didn't need to know everything and by the articles she had briefly glanced over, she knew this was something she needed to wait for Byeol to be comfortable to tell. If she ever was. Like she pointed out earlier, they weren't the closest.

"Why don't you ask me what you want to first? Then we'll get into the real date." Byeol winked and Seulki choked on her drink as Byeol laughed at her. "Teasing." Seulki nodded, cheeks flushed a little. "I don't want this to be awkward, but honestly, I don't see how it can't be." She said and Byeol just waited for her to continue. "Awkward would be a nice change right now. Try me." She said.

Seulki let out a deep breath. "I want to ask Hyungwon to move in with me. But last time I asked he didn't seem that up to it." She bit her bottom lip and Byeol just stared at her, a smirk on her face. She didn't know Seulki that well, that was true. But she knew that Seulki wasn't one to just ask something like this unless she was truly desperate. Which Byeol couldn't decipher if it was endearing right now or pathetic.

"Why are you asking me instead of Jane or something?" She asked and Seulki shrugged. "I asked Yoongi the other day but he just told me to stop being pushy." She scrunched her nose up as Byeol had to bite back a laugh. "And well—Jane is his group member but you two—you've dated. So, I thought you'd might know a little more." Seulki bit the inside of her cheek, realizing just how pathetic she really sounded.

Byeol let out a chuckle. "If I'm being honest, just wait for him to ask you. It takes him a while to get comfortable with things. I know you've been dating a while, but you're also not public. He probably doesn't want to ruin that. That's really the best I can offer. So, ya know—don't be pushy?" She teased and Seulki glared at her as she laughed.

"I guess you're right." Seulki sighed and Byeol nodded, setting her half-empty glass on the glass tabletop. "You know, this is nice. Better than I thought it would go." Seulki quirked an eyebrow. "What do you mean? How were you expecting it to go?" Byeol shrugged, pouring herself some more of the lemonade. It was actually really good. "Honestly? I thought you were a bitch." She said without hesitation.

Seulki sat up, hazel eyes wide and trained on the girl. "I'm sorry—you thought—is that really how I come off?" She was pointing at herself, looking genuinely shocked. Byeol crinkled her nose. Had no one ever really told her that she came off cold? "You come off cold when you first meet people. And you rarely smile. And sometimes you're passive aggressive. But this—" she pointed between the two, "—this is nice. You're nice."

Seulki scoffed, crossing her arms. "I'm just—different. I was alone a lot of my life. It takes me a bit to warm up to people. But I'm sorry if I made you feel that way." Byeol waved her hand. "I don't really care. But others might in the future or something. Just something to look out for." Seulki nodded and Byeol was surprised that she seemed to really be taking her words to heart, in a good way.

"While I'd love to continue this," Byeol said, standing up and walking towards the door, "I have an appointment that I know Jaebeom isn't going to let me miss. Rain check?" She asked and Seulki nodded, opening the door for her. "Oh! S!" Byeol said, yelling down the hallway. Seulki stuck her out the door, looking down towards her. Why was she yelling for all the neighbors to hear? "Next date, I want that recipe." She winked and skipped towards the stairs.

Seulki stood there, cheeks flaming red. Did she really just yell that down the hallway? There was no way that no one didn't hear that. "That's hot. Not what I expected, but hot." She jumped at Jimin leaning against the wall next to her. When did he even show up? She huffed, turning around and going back inside. "Shut up, Park Jimin." She said, pressing her hands to her cheeks. Jimin laughed, closing the door behind him.

"No wonder Hyungwon doesn't want to move in. He's just a cover up!"