Tension

The girls have an at-home spa day

Seulki smiled brightly as she opened the door, greeting Nari and Jane and inviting them in. "Gosh. Your apartment is worth more than my life," Nari said in awe as she walked around, inspecting everything. Jane and Seulki awkwardly waved at each other. They hadn't really spoken much since Jane had apologized for getting belligerently drunk. "H-how is everything?" Seulki asked and Jane shrugged, indifference on her face. "Better, thanks."

Nari snorted, a smirk on her face and arms crossed over her chest with her hip popping out. "You two are ridiculous. Where's the wine?" She made her way through the kitchen like it was her own home, finding some boxed wine and pouring three glasses. "This nice apartment, all these top-notch appliances and you buy boxed wine?" She teased, handing Seulki a glass. Seulki giggled, shaking her head. "I'm not as fancy as you make me out to be."

"Isn't Harin supposed to be coming? With Byeol?" Nari asked, looking at some of the pictures Seulki had hanging on her fridge with the boys. "Aw, you guys look like babies here! Cute!" She gushed and Seulki smiled. It was one of the first pictures they had ever taken. And while looking back on their early days was cringe-worthy, it just made her realize how hard they've all worked and how much she truly is lucky to have them.

"Harin texted me, they should be here any minute. The spa company will be here within the hour." Seulki said and Nari hummed, still looking at everything. Jane snorted, taking a gulp of the wine and Seulki cringed. Another drunken escapade with Jane was not what she wanted right now. "Maybe you should—sip it—or just—drink some water," Seulki said and Jane let out a laugh. "Don't worry, dear. I'm not planning on a repeat." Seulki sighed in relief.

"Jimin told us about you and him. I'm really happy for you." She said with a tight smile. Nari shot Jane a knowing look and Jane smiled, a light blush creeping on her cheeks. "Thank you. And don't worry, I'm not clingy so he'll have plenty of time to be around you." Seulki raised a brow, asking what she meant. Jane simply shrugged her shoulders, writing it off as nothing. Seulki didn't have time to ask further as there was a knock on the door.

She opened it, smiling at Harin. She turned to the girl next to her who had a bright smile on her face and large eyes. Her short black hair was pulled into pigtail braids, she was dressed in leggings and a hoodie, Seulki doing her best not to judge. But who would wear leggings and a hoodie when first meeting people? Harin coughed and Seulki turned her attention back to her. "This is Byeol, eonni." She said and Seulki stuck out her hand.

She was taken by surprise when Byeol pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you! Hyungwon has told me so much and so has Harin. Our schedules never really matched up for me to formally introduce myself, but I'm Sihyuk Byeol!" Seulki cleared her throat, stepping back and letting them in, closing the door behind them. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Choi Seulki."

Byeol literally ran around the apartment, hugging everyone and talking animatedly. Seulki stood off to the side, just watching her. Harin came and stood next to her. "Sorry, she's a little bubbly." Seulki hummed. "C'mon, eonni," Harin said, "just give her a chance." Seulki glanced at the younger from the corner of her eyes and sighed. "You're right." They all talked with light conversation until the spa company had showed up and set up all their equipment.

"Oo!" Byeol said, eyeing the foot bath. "I want to do that!" Seulki frowned a little. She wanted to as well but she didn't particularly want to have to have a conversation with Byeol alone. She looked to Jane as Nari and Harin had already claimed the facials. Jane shook her head, raising her glass. "I'm just here to watch. This isn't really my thing." Seulki groaned internally, plastering a smile on her face and nodding for Byeol to come with her.

They sat in silence for a bit, sipping their wine and enjoying the relaxation. "So!" Byeol said, quite loudly, almost kicking the employee who glared at her. "Whoops, sorry! I'm a little clumsy. But anyways!" Seulki cringed at how loud she was but turned to her. "How did you and Hyungwon meet?" Seulki tensed. She still hadn't talked to Hyungwon about why he hadn't told her about knowing Byeol. Though she knew she was being a little crazy, she was still a little taken aback.

Seulki briefly told her how they came to start talking and then dating. "That's so cute! He's nothing like he was back when I first met him." Seulki's ears perked up a little. "What was he like?" She asked, genuinely curious to have some dirt on boyfriend to use to tease him. Or as leverage. Whichever came first. "He was a little shy but was the most good-looking one. He was in a fashion show once. Did you know that?" Seulki bit her cheek. Of course she knew that; why wouldn't she know something like that about her own boyfriend?

She nodded, a tight smile on her face. "He was also a little awkward. When he first asked me out it was so adorable!" Seulki coughed, choking on the wine she just took a drink of. Byeol patted her back a few times, Jane looking over with concerned eyes. She had heard what Byeol said and internally groaned. His current girlfriend would most definitely not want to hear about his ex-girlfriend. "I'm sorry—did you just—dating? You and Hyungwon dated?" Seulki asked.

Byeol shrugged, wiggling her toes. "Only for a few months. We decided we were better as friends. We still talk all the time. Our groups are pretty close. No bad feelings." She grinned and Seulki chugged the rest of her glass, lips in a thin line. "He never mentioned it to me before." Even she could hear the anger in her voice but Byeol seemed to not notice it or ignored it, smiling brightly. "That's weird, huh. Well, I don't really care. He's happy with you now, that's all that matters."

Seulki swore she saw sadness flash in her eyes before it quickly went away and Byeol stood up. "Time to get me a facial! The boys are always saying I don't take care of my looks much." She sauntered over to the facial spot, swapping with Harin and Seulki sat almost pin straight, glaring at the floor. Harin sat next to her, speaking quietly. "Eonni, it was years and years ago. It's nothing to worry about." Seulki nodded, standing up and drying her feet off. "Right. Nothing to worry about." She made her way over to the table and sat down across from Jane, filling her glass and draining half of it.

All Harin and Jane could do was share a worried look.