You Never Walk Alone

Yoongi accompanies Seulki for her first therapy session

Seulki sighed, touching up her makeup in the mirror. She was frustrated; her hands were slightly trembling and she was overthinking every possible scenario that could come out of today. She huffed, giving up on her makeup, deciding it was enough to leave the dorm with and attempted to braid her now silver hair. She groaned in frustration as her hands and fingers were not cooperating with her and slammed them down on the counter. "GODDAMMIT!" She yelled, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. "What's wrong?"

She jumped at Yoongi's voice, feeling stupid for waking him up. "N-nothing. I'm fine. I didn't mean to wake you up, oppa." Yoongi took in her form. Her half-braided hair, the trembling of her hands, and her minimal makeup. He frowned. "Tell me what's wrong, baby." He said softly, moving towards her and sloppily braiding her hair. She sighed in comfort at the feeling of his hands in her hair. "It's my first meeting today." She said quietly and Yoongi hummed in response, frowning at his half-assed work of a braid and undoing it and trying to redo it. "And?" She sighed, shoulders slumping slightly.

"What if they can't help me? What if they tell Bang I can't do this anymore? What if they think I'm crazy and ship me off to god knows where? What if the paparazzi get a hold of this? What if I can't even-" Yoongi clamped a hand over her mouth, narrowing his eyes at her. "Shut up." She met his gaze through the mirror. "They can help you, that's why we asked if you would go, S. They won't say you can't continue doing this because you love doing this, it makes you happy. They're not going to ship you off, at least not without telling us first. And so what if the tabloids find out? We'll handle it. All you need to focus on is getting better." She sighed, averting her gaze to the marble counter top. "What if I don't think I can do this?" She whispered.

Yoongi frowned, quickly finishing the braid and moving her to stand in front of her. He took her chin in his hand, lifting her head up for her hazel eyes to meet his dark ones. "You can do this, Seulki. I know you can." He knew she didn't believe him by the way her eyes fell, the way her shoulders slumped and the pool of tears making their way into her eyes. He sighed, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead. "You, Choi Seulki, are the strongest, bravest, most beautiful woman I know. You can take on all 7 of us without even trying. I know you can do this." She smiled a little, blinking a few times and wrapping her small arms around his waist and squeezing.

"I just don't know what happened to me." She said with a sigh and Yoongi chuckled. "Nothing happened, S. You had a scary experience, that's all. This is more normal than you think it is." She snorted, only half-believing his words. "I guess you're right. I should go get dressed. Thank you, oppa." She kissed his cheek, turning and walking out towards her room. She dressed herself, taking another deep breath before she stepped out and started putting her shoes on. She saw Yoongi walk up out of the corner of her eyes, pulling his jacket on and grabbing his car keys. "Let's go." He said simply, walking past her and out the door. She smiled to herself and even though she's known him for seven years, she would never understand how he knew exactly what she wanted without her saying anything.

She followed him out, walking silently beside him. They pulled up to the plain, brown brick building and walked inside. Seulki checked herself in, sitting down in the uncomfortable chair next to Yoongi who was mindlessly scrolling on his phone. Every few moments he would glance sideways at his younger member, taking notice of how she kept bouncing her knee and shifting in her chair. Or how she would fiddle with the hem of her shirt. "These chairs are so uncomfortable." She murmured, shifting again. Yoongi let a ghost of a smile play on his lips, reaching over and giving her hand a squeeze. She squeezed back, much harder.

"Choi Seulki," someone called, and she stiffened, standing up. "R-right here." She said, going to walk over before Yoongi grabbed her wrist, turning her around. He wrapped her in a quick hug. "You can do this, Seulki." He whispered in her ear and she nodded, a look of determination on her face as she turned around and walked behind the door. Yoongi sighed, leaning back in the chair. An hour or so later Seulki walked back out, eyes a little red, but she looked a little more livelier than she had been. "How'd it go?" Yoongi said as they started driving off.

Seulki shrugged, looking out the window. "Not so bad." He hummed, eyes trained on the road. "Do you like them?" She hummed in response. "It was—different, but in a good way. I think this might help, a little." Yoongi smiled slightly, nodding his head. "Any little bit helps." It was silent for a few moments before Seulki turned to look at him. "Thank you, oppa. For coming with me. You didn't have too." She said quietly and Yoongi smiled, patting her knee. "Always. Tae texted me and wants to meet for lunch with everyone so we're going." Seulki nodded, noticing her hunger for the first time in days. "That actually sounds amazing."

They pulled into her favorite restaurant and she smiled, knowing that it wasn't picked on accident. They walked in, Seulki smiling widely at her 6 members in front of her. For the first time in a long time, she believed she could get through this. She had 7 family members standing right beside her. She was never going to have to walk this road alone. She sat down, feeling more content and happy than she had the past few months. Taehyung looked at her and chuckled, flinging her braid over her shoulder.

"Yah! Did you let a five year old braid your hair?!"