Tomorrow

Taehyung makes and unexpected visit

Seulki jumped a little as she heard a knock on her door. She was wary to answer it. No one had told her they were coming over and she was leaving soon to go practice for their upcoming online concert. She heard another knock and sighed. It was probably Jimin. He had been making it a point to accompany her to their practices and meetings now. She appreciated the company, but it really did little for her meaning of needing space. Maybe she should move.

She walked over, opening the door. "Jimin, it's not even time—oh." Her hazel eyes widened a little at the tall male in front of her. Taehyung stood there in all his glory, head hung low and eyes briefly meeting hers. He bit his lip, his hand clenched into a fist. Seulki held her breath for a moment. They hadn't talked since the music video shoot and even then it was barely. She wasn't ready for this talk and a small part of her felt like he was here because someone told him to be, not because he was ready.

"Taehyung." She breathed out quietly and his dark orbs met hers for a moment before he offered an awkward smile. "Hey—uh. Long time no see. Can I—can we talk?" She looked at him for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek. She wasn't sure if talking an hour before they needed to be at the company was the best thing, but she always had a hard time saying no. Especially when he looked so nervous. Or closed off. Like he didn't want to be there.

She stepped to the side so he could walk in and she grinned a little as she saw his eyes widen. Apparently he wasn't expecting them to talk today either. But that only made her gut feeling grow a little more and that seemed to hurt more than what they were actually going to talk about. He walked into the living room, staring at the couch for a moment. "You got a new couch." He stated the obvious and she hummed, walking past him to sit on it. "Yup. A few weeks ago. Needed a change."

He shifted his weight to his other foot, looking down. "I helped you pick out the other one." He said quietly and she sighed, patting the empty cushion for him to sit. "I know. And it was old and not that comfy anymore. I needed a new one. So, I bought one." He didn't say anything but sat down where she patted, eyes looking everywhere but her. She bit her lip, annoyance bubbling up a little. "Listen, oppa. We don't have much time before we need to be at the company. So, what did you want to talk about?"

He bit his lip, bringing his legs up and crossing them. "I think you know what I want to talk about." He said and she gritted her teeth. If he was coming to truly talk to her, why was he getting snippy? "And do you think we can really talk when—" she glanced at the rose gold watch on her wrist, "—in twenty minutes?" He raised a brow, leaning back against the couch. "I mean, we could technically." She kept herself from rolling her eyes.

"Who told you to come?" She asked, crossing her arms and finally letting her annoyance show. Taehyung looked up at her. "What makes you say that?" She licked her lips. "You clearly don't want to be here. I'm sensing a subtle hint of an attitude from you. You won't even look at me. Yet, you want to talk about something that's affecting our relationship. So, obviously, you were told to come here and you did because you were tired of them telling you." Taehyung bit his lip, hating that she could tell he would rather be anywhere but here. And feeling guilty for it. "Jungkook."

She let out an 'ah' and stood up. "Well, I'm going to head out so I'm not late. You can stay if you want, but you should probably leave soon. Traffic can get pretty bad around this time." She walked towards her shoes, slipping them on. Taehyung stood up, watching her. "You're really not going to talk to me? Seriously?" She took in a deep breath and let it go, calming herself before turning to face him.

"V, I would love to talk to you. I want too. But this isn't a conversation about one of us stealing someone's toy. We need to really talk. And while I wish you were here on your own accord, you're not. You don't want to talk about this right now which means it's going to go nowhere. And it needs to go somewhere. I'd much rather you want to talk to me on your own rather than just coming to do it because you're tired of hearing that you should."

Taehyung bit his lip again. When had she gotten so perceptive? Thought he would admit he was quite surprised that she hadn't turned around and started arguing with him. "And if we're going to be honest—" she said, slipping her coat on and opening the door "—it hurts more that you're just here to get it over with." With that, she walked out, closing the door softly behind her. Taehyung stood in the middle of the room, staring at the door she just closed behind her. He felt guilty—he truly did. Not just because of what he had said previously, but because he did come here knowing that this was going to be more than a twenty minute conversation.

He sighed, making his way out and making sure the lights were off. She was already gone and he felt a pang in his stomach. They really did need to talk and he could see that she was ready—but she was waiting for him to be ready. And he was—he just didn't know how to start it. Or if he even really wanted too. He knew he hurt her deeper than her previous friend had and that made him feel all the more shitty. Tomorrow, he told himself as he made his way down to Jungkook's car. "Did you talk?" Jungkook asked, pulling out into the street and Taehyung shook his head, staring out the window.

"Tomorrow. I'll talk to her tomorrow."