Minimalism

Seulki starts to change

It was a minimal change. Starting little by little, Seulki was determined to change herself. To be a better role model for their fans. To have a good change for the group. She finished her makeup, adjusting her hair just how she wanted it. They were only going to a meeting today, but she was dressed to the nines.

Her black skinny jeans hugged her curves perfectly. She wore a loose-fitting black blouse, making sure it didn't squeeze on her skin. She didn't want her stomach to be hanging out. Her silver necklace hung perfectly in the center of her chest, the rings glittering on her fingers. She put in the brown contacts, making sure her makeup accentuated the brown color, making them pop. She had seen an eye doctor earlier in the week to get proper colored contacts and a darker shade of brown. It covered the hazel and she felt satisfied.

Her now black hair hung pin straight down her back, her bangs pinned back with a clip Taehyung had bought her years ago. Her black ankle books completed her look along with her cherry red lips. She looked in the mirror, but no smile came over her face. All she could see were the flaws and she sighed, picking up her makeup brush again. Jimin walked in, confused. "S, it's just a meeting at the company. Why so dressed up?" He asked and she shrugged, wiping the brush over her cheek.

He grabbed it, setting it back on her dresser. "You look fine. You could do a runway show right now." Seulki glared at him, picking the brush back up but he took it back, narrowing his eyes. "Too much makeup, S. You're gonna break out." She huffed, standing up and fixing her hair. "Why are you wearing contacts?" Jimin asked again and Seulki rolled her drying eyes. "I just wanted to dress up. Is that a crime?" She snapped and Jimin furrowed his brow.

"I like your eyes, though. You've been wearing colored contacts a lot recently." He said and Seulki shrugged, grabbing her purse. "I just wanted a change, oppa. I still have hazel eyes." Jimin didn't miss the way her voice was laced with a tad hint of disgust at her mentioning her eye color. He didn't question it though. "Well, if you say so. C'mon. Let's go." She walked out behind him, having no choice but to be satisfied with how she looked right now.

"Got a date later?" Yoongi asked, briefly looking up from his phone as the two walked into the meeting room. Seulki shook her head. "Nope. Can't I just look nice without there needing to be a reason? Sheesh!" She sat down, crossing her arms over her chest. Yoongi raised a brow at Jimin who just shrugged. The meeting went by quickly but Seulki barely retained any of the information. Too worried that she was being judged. "Let's get food!" Taehyung groaned and it was quickly met with a chorus of agreements.

Seulki stood up, not making eye contact with any of them. "I'll see you all at home. I have some stuff to finish here." She walked out of the room and the boys looked at each other, confused. "Why's she being so weird?" Jungkook asked and Jimin shrugged. "Must be that time of the month." Hoseok smacked the back of Jimin's head. "Stop it. Let's just go eat."

Seulki entered her studio, sighing as she closed the door behind her. She didn't really have anything to work on, she just needed an excuse not to eat. She had placed herself on a strict diet, without the knowledge of their staff or her members. One meal a day, a protein smoothie. That's all she could have besides water. It had been working a little, she'd lost a pound or two. She sat down in her chair, shaking her head to try and rid it of the oncoming headache.

Her stomach growled but she ignored it, pulling out her notebook and starting to scribble down words. Before she knew it, she has a song written; not one that she would ever show to the boys or their producers. She stood up, stretching out her sore limbs and made her way back to the dorm. She hadn't realized how late it was, the sun had already set and it was pitch black. She felt her phone vibrate and she picked it up without checking who it was.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" She internally groaned at Jungkook's voice on the other end. "I'm just leaving the company. Why?" She asked, waiting for the elevator. "This late?"

"It's not that late, Kookie."

"It's almost 3AM, Seulki."

"Oh. I didn't realize."

She heard him sigh. "Wait inside. I'm coming to pick you up."

She went to protest but before she could get any words out she heard the click of him hanging up and she groaned. She was perfectly capable of getting herself a cab. However, she waited patiently for Jungkook, sighing in relief as she saw his car pull up. She got in, making sure to click her seatbelt. She could feel Jungkook staring at her. "What?" She snapped and Jungkook shook his head, taking off.

"What were you doing?" He asked and Seulki sighed. She knew that wasn't what he wanted to ask. "I was working on a song."

"Can I hear it?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"You always let me listen."

"I don't want you to hear it." She snapped and felt guilt eat at her as a small pang of hurt went across Jungkook's face before it disappeared, leaving him stony faced. "You don't have to be a bitch about it." He said under his breath and Seulki rolled her eyes, leaning her head against the window. "Not today, Kook. We can fight tomorrow. I'm tired."

"You're always tired."

"Your point?"

"Why are you so defensive?!" His voice rose and Seulki narrowed her eyes at him. "I'm not being defensive."

"Yes you are."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Jeon Jungkook." She said through gritted teeth. The headache she had been trying to keep at bay all day was now coming on full force. He didn't say anything and she was grateful for the silence. "I'll pick you up some food. I'm sure you forgot to eat." He said and Seulki smiled a little. He still knew her like the back of his hand. She cleared her throat, shaking her head. "I actually did remember to eat this time. But thank you."

Jungkook looked at her out of the corner of his eyes before focusing back on the road. "Right." She could tell he didn't believe her but she was too tired to argue anymore. They finally pulled up to their dorm, Seulki about to get out before Jungkook grabbed her wrist. "What's wrong?" She asked and he kept their eye contact, biting his lower lip. "Y-you know you can talk to me? Right? About anything?" She raised an eyebrow, ruffling his hair. "I know, Kookie. Thanks for picking me up." She got out, feeling guilt eat at her heart.

They silently walked into their dorm, Seulki happy that everyone else was sleeping. She cleaned herself up, a deep frown on her face as she stared at herself in the mirror. She took a deep breath, tearing her eyes away from the reflection in front of her and stepped on the scale.

57 kilograms.