Hiatus

Seulki meets with Bang

Seulki picked at her nails as she waited for her boss to come to the meeting room. Jungkook had told her what this was about and she was honestly feeling a little annoyed. He should be happy that she was getting so much work, especially with the state of the world at the moment. She was fine, physically. She didn't need a break.

The door opened and she stood up, bowing to him. "Hello!" He smiled at her and greeted her back, sitting at the head of the table. "I'm assuming you know why I wanted to meet with you today," he started and Seulki nodded. "Jungkook sort of told me last night." He hummed, placing his hands on the table.

"I just want to know if everything is okay," he said, staring at her and she averted her gaze to the table. "Well, yeah. I'm okay. Just busy is all. But that's nothing I'm not used too." He stared at her for a few minutes and Seulki hated that he was never an easy person to read. "Are you eating?" He asked and she looked at him in shock. "I—yes! It's nothing like that. I've been doing okay and I still meet with my therapist if I feel like it's getting bad." He hummed in approval, happy to hear that.

"You've been picking up a lot of work lately," he said and Seulki nodded. "Yes, I have. It's been nice." He narrowed his eyes slightly. Obviously, it wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. "I think that we need to cut your schedules back some. You're taking on a lot and you're going to start preparing for a comeback in the coming weeks. I think it's going to be a little too much for you." Seulki did her best not to let her annoyance shine through.

"With all due respect, sir," she said calmly, "I really am fine. I'm confident I can handle it all." Bang only smiled at her, shaking his head. "I've always admired your drive, Seulki," he said, "but fine is not really a feeling. I'm not sure what happened that you started taking on a lot more than usual, and you don't have to tell me. But I won't allow my idols to overwork themselves or use work to mask their problems."

Seulki chewed on the inside of her cheek. "I'll have some things moved around and you can still do your personal schedules while you prepare, but in moderation." She opened her mouth to refute but he held his hand up and she closed it. "It's either that or I'll have no choice but to put you on a hiatus." She was more shocked that Bang was actually giving her an ultimatum. He had never done that before to anyone as far as she knew.

"You're serious?" She asked and he nodded his head. "Very." She had no choice but to agree with him. "I hope what's going on you're able to handle soon, but don't let it fester." She nodded again and bid him farewell as he left. She sat in the chair for a few moments, mulling over what had just happened. Her manager cleared his throat. "Ready to head back?" She only nodded, silently following him back to the car.

"Do you think I've been working to much?" Seulki asked her manager as he drove her back to the dorm. He sighed, not taking his eyes off the road. "A little more than usual, yes. I didn't tell Bang, but I've noticed you haven't been talking to Hyungwon much." Seulki felt a pang of hurt in her chest at his name and took in a shaky breath. "We're on a break I guess you could say," she muttered and their manager hummed. "Is that why you've been picking up more?" She only nodded.

Nothing more was said and she thanked him as she got out of the car and headed up to the dorm. She was happy to find the dorm silent and she dragged herself to the couch, flopping down on it. She jumped when Yoongi's voice entered the silent space. "God! I hate when you do that." Yoongi only rolled his eyes, leaning on the back of the couch and staring down at her. "How'd your meeting go?"

"Basically told me to drop some schedules or he'd put me on hiatus." Yoongi hummed and then sighed. "Gonna talk yet? Or keep avoiding it?" Seulki groaned and sat up. "I don't understand why you all want to know everything! We broke up! What more is there for me to say?" Yoongi walked around to sit down on the other end of the leather. "We just want to know that you're okay and you're obviously not. Break ups are hard, especially when you cared for the person."

Seulki hung her head and felt her eyes burn with tears. "I loved him, oppa. I still love him. But I messed up and he had every right to be upset. I just didn't know he was that upset. And I don't know how to fix it. I feel broken. It's weird not talking to him every day or every other day. Or not seeing him." Yoongi hummed again. "You can't fix everything, baby. He needs time and you need time. If it's meant to be, it will be. Right now, you two just need to do you."

Seulki didn't say anything, just staring into her lap. Yoongi got comfortable and Seulki sighed, leaning her head on her hand. "I take it there's still more to this conversation?" She asked and Yoongi nodded with a small smile.

"It's not even close to over."