Predebut-Audition

Predebut-The Audition:

Seulki had just finished the song with her group, Sunne. They were upset that they had to stop training and find a new company, but they were determined. The 4 girls had decided to go busking in the park in Seoul in order to put their depressed state and emotion into music. "You were absolutely amazing, S." Soojin threw her arm around Seulki's shoulders. The two were practically inseparable when they first met during the audition for their small company. The younger member smiled up at the elder. "Thanks! So were you, Soo."

The girls were chatting and drinking some water, deciding which song they should do next. Someone dressed fairly well approached them. "Hello, I'm from BigHIt." All the girls faces fell, of course they knew of BigHit. They had been talking for months about how they're ready to debut a new boy group and have high hopes for them. The girls immediately bowed, introducing themselves. The employee looked straight at Seulki and she couldn't keep eye contact. Her hazel eyes fell to her feet. "I would love for you to come and audition for us. You'd be a great addition to the group we want to debut. Here's our business card. The auditions start tomorrow, I hope you'll stop by." He bowed and walked away from the girls.

Seulki couldn't believe her eyes. This is real? She looked up, noticing that none of her other members were given a card. Her smile faltered a little. "Seulki! This is great! You are going young lady if I have to drive you myself!" The leader told her, wrapping her in a big hug. "I second that," said the eldest, joining the hug. However, Seulki noticed that Soojin was expressionless. When Soojin caught her staring, she plastered a fake smile on her face and congratulated her. The girls made their way back to their dorm, the members picking out Seulki's outfit for the next day and constantly praising her for this lucky break.

Seulki couldn't help but notice how Soojin was oddly quiet, just sitting on the bed. She sat next to her and could see Soojin tense up. "Soo, you okay?" Seulki asked hesitantly. Another fake smile was plastered across her face as she faced her. "Never better, Seulki." Seulki wasn't sure what was wrong, but could tell that Soojin was not open to talk with her at the moment. She felt a little upset; she couldn't understand why Soojin was cold towards her. She shook it off, kicking the other girl out of her and Soojin's room and climbing into bed. "Goodnight, S. Fighting." Soojin said before turning over. Seulki said nothing, waiting for sleep to take over her.

Time Skip

Seulki was sitting in the hallway of BigHit waiting to be called in for her audition. She was nervous and anxious mess, her members trying to do what they could to help calm her nerves. Finally, she heard her name. She took a deep breath and made her way to the room. She could hear her members saying words of encouragement but didn't miss how Soojin's voice was not heard. When Seulki entered the room, she bowed and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Choi Seulki."

"Nice to meet you, Seulki. My assistant told me that you have some powerful vocals on you. He heard you busking in the park the other day." Seulki's cheeks warmed and she thanked the worker for his kind words. There were 9 people sat at the table in front of her. The younger boys of the group looked at her with expressionless faces. Seulki smiled softly, not able to keep eye contact for a while. The person with whom was talking to her she assumed was the owner of the company or manager of the group. The one next to him was who gave her the business card the other day, "Well, I want to hear you sing. And dance." Seulki timidly nodded.

She sang Heaven by Ailee. She gave it her all and threw her own little twist on it. The owner of the company had a huge smile on his face as he played some music. "Free style dance, show me what you can do." Seulki nodded, taking a deep breath and closing her hazel eyes. Getting a feel for the best of the music she shut her mind off and let her body take over. Her dance moves were tight and strong. After a few minutes the owner shut the music off and Seulki bowed, catching her breath. "Wow." One of the boys stated, staring at her wide-eyed. He had black hair, brown eyes. Nothing exceptional to note except the vibrant smile on his face.

"I would say that was an almost perfect audition." The owner said, standing up. "Welcome to Bangtan Boys." Seulki's eyes went wide and her head shot up. "W-What?" She could hear the 7 boys laugh, standing up and coming in front of her. "You passed, congrats." They all bowed to her and she awkwardly bowed back. The boys exchanged pleasantries, introducing themselves. They exchanged phone numbers and told Seulki she would need to be ready to move into their dorm tomorrow; they had a debut date set and they needed to start practicing right away.

Seulki walked out, pinching herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Her members ran up to her immediately, well, all of them except Soojin. "WHAT HAPPENED?! YOU WERE IN THERE FOREVER!" Her leader, now ex-leader, screamed. "I-I made it." The girls all squealed with glee, griping her in a tight hug. Soojin however looked angry. They rushed home to help Seulki start packing for her new life.