Reality Check

Yoongi gives Seulki a reality check

"Can we at least have some wine?" Seulki asked, only half-joking. Yoongi rolled his eyes at her, kicking her thigh with his foot. "No. We're talking sober, babo." She groaned. It was easier for her to talk if she had a little bit of alcohol in her. But she honestly didn't know what more there was to talk about.

Like Yoongi had said, she can't fix everything. She needed to give Hyungwon his space and she needed to figure out what she truly wants. Other than that, she really had nothing else to talk about. Yes, she was sad and maybe a little depressed, but that was normal for anyone to feel that going through a break up.

"When's the last time you talked to Harin?" Yoongi asked out of the blue and Seulki shrugged. "Maybe a month or two ago? I'm not sure. What does that have to do with anything?"

"And Nari? Byeol?" Seulki only shrugged again. "Probably the same, maybe longer. I still don't see where you're going with this."

"Did you know Jane's dad died?" Seulki's hazel eyes met his brown ones. "What?! When?! Why didn't anyone tell me?!" Yoongi just stared at her. "A few weeks ago. There were a few articles about it. Aren't you supposed to be her best friend? She didn't mention that when you two talked last?" Seulki felt the guilt piling up and worry for her best friend. "She mentioned he wasn't doing well the last time we talked, but that was—"

"A month ago?" Yoongi cut her off and Seulki sucked in her bottom lip. "Maybe longer." She felt small. Not only was she a terrible girlfriend, she was an even worse friend. She hadn't even known her best friend's dad died. She hadn't even bothered to call her. She couldn't use the excuse she was too busy because they always made time for each other, no matter how busy.

"Why didn't Jimin tell me?" Seulki asked, suddenly annoyed that Jimin hadn't mentioned anything to her. Yoongi scoffed. "It's not Jimin's job to keep you up with your friends lives. Plus, he's her boyfriend. He's been helping her through it as much as he can. I'm sure the last thing he thought was to tell Seulki." She dropped her head into her hands, scratching at her scalp.

"I'm terrible," she sighed, bottom lip quivering. "Yeah, you are," Yoongi said bluntly. Seulki deserved that. She was terrible. "But that doesn't mean you can't fix anything. You can still call her. You can go see her." Seulki nodded, standing up and ready to go over there now. "Not now. She's staying at her dorm for a while. Jimin said to give her some time." Seulki sat back down, rubbing her hands over her face. "Call her a little later on."

"Aren't you supposed to be working on an outfit for Harin's solo?" Seulki nodded, starting to pick at her nails. It was a terrible habit she had picked up from Yoongi when she was anxious. "So, how's that going if you haven't talked to her? Christ, Seulki, you're in the same company! Their dorm is literally two minutes away!" Seulki threw her hands up and shouted out. "I'm one person! I can't do everything!"

Yoongi huffed, rolling his eyes. "I don't go for the whole 'woe is me' thing. You promised you'd help her and she's counting on you. I suggest you get to it now that you have some more free time. She only has a week or two left before they film the music video. And call Nari! They've been on Kingdom and they're doing well! Just talk to your friends, dammit! Before you don't have any anymore."

Seulki finally let the tears that had been burning her eyes for the last twenty minutes fall. She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face in her legs. Yoongi made no attempt to comfort her. He might be being harsh, but he was the one that had to lay it out how it was. She needed to hear these things, to know that yes—she had been a shitty friend the past few months—but that she could start making up for that.

"I'm sorry," she sniffled after a good ten minutes. She wiped the tears off her face and took in a deep breath. "I'm not the one you need to apologize too, S." Yoongi murmured quietly. She nodded and she knew he was right. She needed to apologize to her friends. To Hyungwon too, again, but that would have to wait until he was ready to talk to her again. "C'mere," Yoongi said, holding his arms out. Seulki didn't hesitate to crawl into them and rest her cheek on his chest.

"You've been a shit person, yeah," he said, "but you have a big heart, S. We all know that. You care deeply and love deeply. It's time for you to start showing that in different ways. To your friends and yourself." She nodded, slightly gripping his sweater. He rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. "They're your friends and they love you. They'll forgive you but you need to make an effort." She nodded again and they were silent for a few moments. "Oppa?" She breathed and he hummed. "Can you teach me how to drive?"

Yoongi looked down at her in mild shock. "You want to learn to drive?" She nodded, resting her chin on his chest now and meeting his tired gaze. "I want to get my license. So that I can do more things without bothering manager or one of you to drive me." Yoongi chuckled at her, nodding his head. "I can do that." She murmured out a thanks and the two just laid there, without saying anything more.

Yoongi's words might have been harsh, but Seulki knew they were true. She was going to start being a better friend. And that started with paying a visit to her best friend; whether she liked it or not.