Making Amends: Nari

Seulki apologizes to Nari

Seulki took a deep breath as she raised her fist to knock on the door in front of her. Apologizing to Byeol and Harin had gone well. She expected them to call her out or be angry, but they weren't. They had every right to be but Seulki was grateful that they had even heard her out and still continued to let her help out with Harin's solo.

Nari was next on her list to apologize to. She had called the young girl a few days ago asking to meet up. Nari had sounded—expectedly—surprised. Seulki could understand. She rarely called her to go out or just talk unless it was them as a group. Swallowing down her nerves, she knocked at then waited.

A few seconds later the door swung open to revel a short boy with blonde hair. "Ah—sunbaenim! Hello!" He bowed and Seulki bowed back with a small smile. "You can speak casually with me. Hongjoong, right?" His brown eyes went wide; he was surprised she even knew his name. "I've been watching you all on Kingdom. You're doing great, keep it up!" She winked and Hongjoong could've swore his knees were going to give out.

"Is Nari here? I was supposed to be meeting with her today." Hongjoong snapped back into reality and nodded his head, "yeah. I mean yes! You can come in, I'll go get her." He stepped aside and Seulki thanked him, toeing her shoes off and following behind him. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll go get Nari. Do you want anything to drink?" She shook her head, "I'm fine, thank you though."

A few seconds later Nari had literally slid into the room and Seulki jumped. "Are you crazy?! You could have fell!" Nari only grinned, waving her hand. "Please, unnie, this is the only way to have fun when you live with boys." Seulki raised an eyebrow. She didn't remember ever doing something like that when they all lived at the dorm together. Jin and Yoongi would've had her head for being so dangerous.

"So," Nari sat down next to her with her legs crisscrossed, "What brings you here? I'm a little surprised honestly. We don't' really just hang out with us two." Seulki smiled at her and took in a breath, "Well, I'd like to change that. If we could. But I also wanted to apologize."

Nari raised an eyebrow and tried to quickly rack her brain for a reason as to why Seulki would need to apologize to her. "Just hear me out?" Seulki asked and Nari shrugged. There was nothing she could think of that would warrant an apology but she would listen either way.

"I know I've been sort of a bitch since we met. Or standoffish. Or both. Probably more."

"Just a bit," Nari clapped her hands over her mouth, brown eyes wide. She hadn't meant to say that out loud. Seulki only smiled at her.

"It's alright. I know I have been. And I want to apologize for that. It's not an excuse, but I've just had rough experiences with new people. I tend to judge or be guarded before actually getting to know them. And I did that to you and I shouldn't have. I really like you and I think you're awesome!"

"I was just telling Hongjoong that I've been watching Kingdom and girl you can freaking dance." Nari's cheeks heated up a little at the compliment and she averted her gaze to her lap with a shy smile. "T-thanks." She never thought seniors like Seulki would watch a silly show like Kingdom.

"I want to start over," Seulki said, "I know we're already sort of friends, but I want to start on a clean slate. Get to know you for you instead of what I judged you to be. I'd like us to be great friends. And again, I'm really sorry. Really sorry. You didn't deserve that. No one does. I let my prejudices cloud my brain."

Nari beamed brightly at her and nodded her head. "I'd like that! Maybe you can take me shopping sometime! No one here likes to shop," Nari pouted and Seulki chuckled. "Well, lucky for you shopping is the second-best thing I'm good at," she winked. Nari smiled and stood up, holding her hand out. Seulki raised an eyebrow.

"I'm assuming from your reaction you've never slid across the floors with socks on. Did you have any fun before you got all big and famous?" Seulki laughed, placing her hand in Nari's and standing up. "Apparently I didn't have much. Let's do this."

The two spent the next two hours sliding around ATEEZ's dorm in their socks and laughing and giggling like five-year-old best friends. Hongjoong, San, Seonghwa and Yunho were peeking from around the corner of the hallway at the two. "Is she really sliding around with one of our seniors?!" Yunho whispered.

"And speaking casually?!" Seonghwa hissed.

"Let's face it," San said dejectedly. The three boys looked at him, confused. "She's much cooler than we ever gave her credit for."

"Damn straight!" All four of them jumped at Nari's voice and they looked back to see both girls grinning at them. "Good to know that I wasn't the only one who got spied on every time someone came to the dorm," Seulki teased and Nari rolled her eyes.

"You should see it when you live with your boyfriend and they're all home."