Making Amends: Harin

Seulki starts to turn her life around and her actions

Seulki took a deep breath before knocking on the door in front of her. After her talk with Yoongi it seemed to clear whatever fog was in her mind and see things clearly. Now, with more free time on her hands, she had a lot of time to reflect on how she's been and what Yoongi had said.

She had been a shitty friend lately. She had been absent from a lot of people's lives. It wasn't just her members she owed an apology for how she'd been acting, but also the girls. Jane was her best friend and she hadn't even had a clue as to what was going on in her life until Yoongi told her. How could she have been so absent that she wasn't even aware of the turmoil life threw at her best friend?

Though, Yoongi had told her to give Jane some time so, Seulki was starting close to home: Harin. She had told the girl months ago that she would be by her side while she prepared for her solo debut, that she would help her out, offer her advice and be a mentor a big sister to her through this. She knew that for anyone, no matter how long you had been in the industry, that debuting solo was scary as all hell. The feelings of your very first debut day coming back to hit you ten times more.

Seulki hadn't kept her word. She'd barely talked to Harin since the last time her and Byeol had gone over to the apartment to bring up the idea. She was supposed to be making her outfits! Her fist froze centimeters from the door in front of her. Her biggest fear right now was that she had truly fucked up any relationship in her life and that forgiveness wouldn't be present. That she had pushed everyone so far away there was no getting them back.

Closing her eyes and shaking her head, she knocked on the door. Whether or not she was going to mend her friendship with Harin or not didn't matter. She made the bed and now she would have to lay in it. Plus, she really did want to help with whatever was left for Harin's solo debut.

"Unnie!" Harin said cheerily, the door open. Seulki's face morphed into a warm smile as Harin wasted no time in giving her a large hug. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! It's so nice to see you." Seulki smiled at the girl and warmly hugged her back. "I know. I've been pretty absent. I'm sorry for that. Can I come in? I know I didn't call beforehand so, if you're busy I get it." Harin shook her head and stepped aside for Seulki to come in.

"Not busy at all! Come on in. I'm glad you're here!"

Seulki hesitantly stepped in the small dorm. "We only have water right now, I'm sorry. Want some?" Harin said, crinkling up her nose. Seulki chuckled and nodded, "water is great!"

A few minutes later the two girls were sat in the kitchen, making light talk. "Oh!" Harin said, sliding a notebook over from the corner of the counter, "I know you've been busy so I've been trying to come up with some designs so you wouldn't have to do to much." Harin bit her bottom lip as she flipped the cover over and started showing the elder her drawings.

"I know I'm not that much of an artist, at least with this stuff. But I thought it'd at least be a good rough draft." Seulki smiled at the girl and flipped through the few pages of rough sketches. "You're right," Seulki said teasingly, "you are no artist." Harin laughed nervously.

"But I think these are a great starting point! I can definitely help make them more define and we can come up with a good draft for me to go off of. Which one do you like best?" That seemed to be all the confidence Harin needed because her eyes lit up and she eagerly showed her three that she liked most.

"Alright, so," Seulki pulled a pencil out from her messy bun. "Wow, you really are an artist," Harin stated with wide eyes and Seulki chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. "Not really. Just had a lot of free time lately so, you never know when inspiration is going to strike!"

The two stood at the counter for an hour before moving to the couch in the living room, all while adding in little details on the three sketches. When Harin seemed satisfied, Seulki stopped and stared at the work they had just done. The guilt welled up in her again. She had been such a shit person lately and Harin had been acting as if nothing was wrong at all. And maybe in Harin's mind, nothing was wrong. But Seulki still needed to apologize.

"Rin-ah," Seulki said quietly, closing the notebook, "I need to apologize to you." Harin quirked an eyebrow, a little confused. "Apologize for what? You haven't done anything." Seulki patted her shoulder with a smile.

"I've been a crappy friend lately and," she held up her finger when she saw Harin open her mouth to say something. Harin closed her mouth a pouted a little. "I told you that'd I'd be here through this whole process of your solo stuff and I haven't been. I know it's nerve wracking and scary and I'm really sorry I didn't keep my word."

"I'm trying to do better. I told with Yoongi the other day and he helped me realize some things. You might not think that way, but it's how I feel I've been and I'm really sorry." Seulki took in a shaky breath and averted her gaze back to the blue cover of the notebook.

"Unnie," Harin said with a smile, "You're right, I don't think that way. But I see where you're coming from." Seulki's eyes gazed back over to her younger friend. Harin was still giving her a gentle smile and she didn't detect any animosity from her eyes.

"I don't fault you for not being here every second of the day because let's be honest, even if we had normal jobs and normal lives, you wouldn't be able to be!" Seulki laughed a little at that because it was true. "But you're here now and that's what matters to me. Plus, we're already ahead of schedule! Byeol was going to call you next week so we could meet up about the costumes and now they're pretty much done! Well, the sketches at least."

Seulki pulled the girl into a tight hug, catching Harin by surprise. "Thank you," she murmured and Harin smiled, hugging her back and rubbing her hand over her back. "Of course, S. Now!" Harin pulled away and opened back up the notebook, "we have the outfits drawn out but we still need to pick the makeup and hairstyle! And the accessories!" Harin glanced back at Seulki with a timid smile, "if you have the time of course. I'm sure you're busy."

Seulki shook her head, picking up the pencil and repining her bangs back. "Not at all. Let's get to work." Harin smiled and the two started talking animatedly again.

This was a good start to a long list of apologies she needed to make.