Flashback

Tidbit of Seulki when she was younger, before she was a part of BTS

A/N: This is an integral part of the upcoming storyline for Seulki; this will also help you to better understand her personality and insecurities more

Seulki had gotten ready for her school day; the little jumper made her look smaller than she actually was. Her mother had pulled her hair up into little moon buns. She had been dropped off at her new school. She was young, only eight, and this wasn't the first time she had to adjust to a new school.

She wasn't sure what her father did for work, she was to young to really understand, she just knew he was important, made lots of money and they had to move around a lot for his work. He had promised that they would stay here for a while so she had gone to school today in hopes of being able to finally make a friend that could hopefully last forever.

She gripped the straps of her pink backpack; the one she had thrown a tantrum about getting until her mother finally gave in. She walked into the school and she felt the nerves kick in but she plastered a smile on her pale face and greeted everyone as she passed by them.

She had managed to find her way to the main office, walking in and waiting for the secretary to notice her. She heard the tap of the fake nails on the keyboard before she spoke in a small voice. "Excuse me!" The secretary looked down, no hint of a smile or anything. "You must be the new girl." She said blandly and Seulki nodded, offering her a bright smile. The secretary sighed, printing out her schedule and sending her on her way.

She managed to find the small locker and was grateful hers was one of the ones near the floor and not on the top. She probably wouldn't have been able to reach it. Someone came up next to her. "Hello! I'm Soojin!" The little girl waved happily. Seulki smiled shyly and waved back, introducing herself. "I'm Choi Seulki!" Soojin happily grabbed her hand. "I'll help you around! We'll be great friends!" Seulki couldn't help but smile; she had already made a friend.

As they walked through the halls, Soojin going on about something but speaking way to fast for Seulki to comprehend it, she noticed others giving her weird looks. She sighed, averting her eyes to the floor. She knew she looked different, it had been pointed out many times but she had hoped starting a new school would have changed that. But she hopes that every time.

Someone stepped in front of them, an older girl. "Ringa. This is Seulki!" Soojin introduced her new friend happily. Seulki waved shyly and gave a small hello. Ringa looked Seulki up and down. "What's with your eyes?" She asked harshly and Seulki looked back towards the floor, not bothering to give an answer. "C'mon, Ringa! Be nice. She can't pick her eye color." Soojin said.

Ringa scoffed, but didn't say anything more and Soojin pulled Seulki along. They entered their class, which to Seulki's luck, they had together. She had to introduce herself and she felt very small. Everyone was looking at her as if she had a disease. "Teacher! What's with her eyes?"

"And she looks like ghost! Her skin is almost see through!"

The teacher quieted the rowdy children down, pointing Seulki to her seat and starting the class.

As the months went on, Seulki and Soojin became closer. Ringa hung around with them sometimes here and there with her other friends, but they usually just took jabs to Seulki's appearance. Seulki didn't mind though; Soojin had always stood up for her and for whatever reason, the older girls didn't seem to question Soojin's opinions or scold her for speaking down to them.

Then, Soojin had told her that she'd be gone for a month or two; a family member living overseas had passed and her family was going to help out and pay their respects. Seulki was sad for her friend leaving, but they had exchanged numbers to be able to talk to each other. However, once Soojin was gone, the bullying only got worse for Seulki. And being the awkward, timid, girl she was, she was too afraid to stand up for herself.

She never showed how much it bothered her or hurt her. But that was only because emotions weren't something her family had really been open to for much of her life. It only made the bullying worse; they wanted to break her and they were going to do everything they could to break her.

She was grabbing books out of her locker when someone pushed her over and she landed on the floor. She felt a twinge in her wrist but didn't make it known to what seemed like the million pairs of eyes on her. "Look everyone! The ghost from Christmas past is back!" Ringa said with a smirk and Seulki sighed, standing up and straightening out her jumper. "You can't even get one that fits you? You like a potato sack." Another girl said and Seulki bit her cheek.

"Your litte friend isn't here to protect you anymore, Choi Seulki." Ringa said and Seulki made the mistake of rolling her eyes. Ringa stepped forward and Seulki gulped but didn't move from her spot. "You're a freak. No one in Korea has eyes like yours. They make you look like an albino. And your skin is so white! I could use you as drawing paper. Maybe I will." She smirked, holding out her hand. A few moments later, a marker was placed in her hand.

Seulki stepped back but ran into someone who yelled at her and pushed her forward. "I don't want to catch any disease you have!" Seulki turned around to say she didn't have a disease but Ringa's hand was on her shoulder and gripping it hard. Her face was drawn on. She had gone to the bathroom to wash it off. She stared at herself in the mirror, reading the words written all over her. Albino. Frump. Whore. Fat. Ugly. Skank. Midget. Foreigner. Cat eyes. Pussy. The words were endless and surrounded her mind.

She was able to rub them off but it caused her skin to turn raw in some places where she had to scrub a little harder. That entitled more teasing. Kids would avoid her like she had the plague. She had food thrown at her during meals, be tripped when walking down the hallway. Ringa always made sure to let her know just how fat she was, how she didn't dress cool, how much of freak she looked like.

Seulki had never once shown the hurt it had on her and once Soojin came back, it died down a little but Ringa didn't hang around anymore. Seulki never told Soojin about everything that happened while she was gone; she never told her parents or a teacher or the principal. She just let it be. But she started learning how to do makeup and she did it well.

She bought colored contacts and would wear them, doing her best to hide her light colored eyes. She had tried tanning to make her skin darker, but all it did was give her a slight sunburn so she never went back. However, she could no longer go anywhere without makeup on her face or the best clothes. They had broken her. She was no longer comfortable in her own skin.

And she never would be.