Cold

Seulki is under the weather

Seulki knew the minute she woke up that morning that it was not going to be a good day. Her head was pounding and she hadn't even drank the night before. Her body was aching, nose stuffy and ears clogged. She felt hot all over but then would shiver and have goosebumps from being cold. She couldn't skip the day today though. They had to record the songs for the new album. It was coming out soon and it needed to get done.

So, she did what she does best. Put her makeup on, her best outfit and some comfy shoes. Did her hair and popped a few medicine tablets before her manager arrived to take her to the company. "Are you feeling alright? You look—tired." She chuckled as he tried to cover up that she knew she looked sick, but she just slipped her mask on her face and leaned her head against the cool glass of the window. "I'm fine, manager-nim. We're just recorded today so it shouldn't be too bad. And I took some medicine."

Their manager only hummed and an hour later Seulki was groggily making her way up to the recording booth. "The queen has arrived." Yoongi didn't even look over his shoulder. "And you're only 15 minutes late this time instead of 30." She rolled her eyes, taking the only space left next to Taehyung. "Progress, Yoongs. Progress. Next time will only be 10 minutes." She winked and leaned her head back as Yoongi grumbled under his breath.

Despite them having the money to rent a larger studio room, they all still found comfort in smooshing all eight of them into the tiny room. It reminded them of their debut days and it gave them a weird sense of comfort to be this close. Being this close however meant that Seulki's left half was pretty much pressed up against Taehyung's. He kept his eyes forward. They hadn't really talked at all since the last time he went over. But he felt how hot her skin was.

"Do you need a fan?" He asked, concerned. Sure, there was eight of them in a small space and the heat was on, but even he wasn't that hot. She shook her head, eyes closed. "I'm fine, really. Who's starting us off?" She coughed a little but covered it as if she was clearing her throat. "I figured you could. You have more lines than usual this time around." Namjoon said and internally, Seulki groaned. She wanted time to sip her hot water she had picked up on the way up.

"Sure, sure. Let's start." She stood up but Taehyung grabbed her wrist. She looked down at him, hazel eyes widened a little. "I—uh—I'll go first." Jimin looked at him with his head cocked to the side but Seulki gave him a small smile, patting his hand and sitting back down. He recorded his parts for a few songs then came out, stating he was running down to grab coffee for everyone.

"Are you sure you want to record? You look terrible. And you sound horrible." Seulki nodded, patting Jungkook's head. "I'm fine, Kook. It's just a cold. I'll rest soon as we're done, promise." She stood up and made her way to the booth. But she felt hotter than she had before and as she lifted her arm to wipe the sweat forming on her hairline, she felt a wave of dizziness take over. She stumbled out the door, right into Taehyung's chest.

"Oh! Sorry, Tae! I tripped over my feet." He narrowed his eyes. "Right." He walked past her and she stuck her tongue out at him—very adultlike—before making her way into the recording booth. However, only seconds into it, Yoongi cut her off. "S, this isn't gonna work today. All you're gonna do is make your throat worse. We can do your parts in a few days. Come out." She folded her arms across her chest, pouting. "But I'm—"

"No but's. Out. One of us will take you home when we're done." Yoongi's voice was final and she stomped her foot—also very adultlike—and returned to the stuffy room, sitting back in her original spot. "I got you tea. With extra honey and a splash of cream." Taehyung said, handing her the hot drink. She smiled, patting his shoulder. "My favorite." However, when she took a sip she almost spit it right out. It tasted horrible.

"What the hell is this?!" She said, holding it away from her as if it was poison. Jimin and Jungkook let out snickers and J-Hope only smiled. "It's the only way you'll actually drink the medicine. I had no choice." Taehyung said and Seulki looked to him, glaring before sipping the drink again and cringing. "Stop being a baby and just drink it. Then you won't have to tomorrow." J-Hope said with a sickly sweet smile and Seulki only stuck her tongue out at him but complied. There was no way she was drinking it tomorrow.

Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep and was woken up to someone placing her in a bed and pulling covers over her. She inhaled the scent and knew it was Taehyung's. For some reason, guilt started to eat up at her and she figured that it was the fever messing with her emotions. "Tae," she groaned and he only shushed her, kissing her forehead. "I'm gonna get you an ice pack to help bring the fever down. Just sleep, baby."

He came back a few minutes later and if Seulki had any energy left in her body, she would have jumped at how cold it felt against her skin. "Your fever is a little high, hopefully this will bring it down. Sleep. We'll check on you." He went to leave again but she had turned and grabbed his wrist. He looked over his shoulder, pitying her. He knew how much she hated being sick. "Can you cuddle me?" She asked quietly and he hummed, gently nudging her over. "I'm sorry, oppa." She murmured and he felt a twinge his gut.

"We can talk when you're feeling better. Just sleep for right now." She nodded and was fast asleep in a matter of seconds. He had fallen asleep at some point too and was woken up by someone rudely turning all the lights on. "We've been looking for you everywhere!" Jimin whisper yelled and V only rolled his eyes. "I'm sleeping. I'm tired." Jimin scoffed, walking out and shutting the lights off.

"I don't want to hear it when you catch her cold."