By Your Side

Seulki asks Hyungwon a big question

"Hello, handsome," Seulki winked at Hyungwon as she opened the door to her apartment. He smiled, placing a small kiss on the corner of her mouth. "You look gorgeous," he said as he stepped in and Seulki blushed. "Please, I'm in my pajamas and I haven't even put makeup on."

Hyungwon chuckled, shaking his head. "You always look gorgeous no matter what." She blushed again, wrapping her arms around his thin waist. "I missed you. It seems like it's been forever." She said and he hummed. "It's only been like, a month or so." She smiled, walking towards the couch and plopping down.

"How's Jane?" She asked and he shrugged. "She's home now. She says she's okay but you know, she's kind of like you." Seulki batted her lashes and mocked flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Amazingly hot, sweet, talented and funny?" Hyungwon snorted, patting her knee with a grin on his face.

"I was gonna say stubborn, but we can go with that." She stuck her tongue out as he laughed. "Movie night?" She asked and he nodded. "That's literally the only reason I come over." She rolled her eyes and he laughed again, already scrolling through Netflix to find something.

"Let's watch this one. It seems scary." He said and she nodded. If he didn't want to sleep tonight that was on him. "Are you staying the night?" She asked, hopeful, and he hummed, nodding his head. "If you'll have me." She winked at him, scooting closer. "I'll always have you." He blushed slightly, not missing her innuendo.

She bit her lip as the movie started, not really paying attention to most of it. Hyungwon jumped a few times and she teased him, but her mind was elsewhere. She had talked to Jungkook earlier in the week about what she wanted and he had told her to go for it. She wanted to ask Hyungwon to move in with her, but she nervous.

The worst he can say is no, S. Jungkook had said and he was right. But she couldn't help be feel like that'd be the ultimate rejection. Things were good between them and after her talk with Byeol, she felt much more comfortable. To her, it'd just be easier. They could see each other at least at the end of the day and all their schedules had been done.

There'd be no more waiting days, weeks or sometimes months to see each other. Plus their dorms weren't far from her apartment so if there ever was a fight, they could go somewhere else. And of course to, you know, visit their members from time to time.

Plus for Seulki, Jungkook and Jimin literally lived down the hall. And despite knowing how much Hyungwon loved her, she was still nervous. What if he didn't think they were at that point yet? If she was being realistic, she was still recovering from her eating escapade. What if he thought it was too soon? That she needed more time to straighten out?

You're stupid if you don't see how much that guy is head over heels for you. Jungkook's voice rang out through her head and she scrunched her nose up. Stupid child, always having to make sense and be her voice of reason. She was brought out of her thoughts at Hyungwon snapping his fingers in front of her face.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked gently, worry in his eyes and she smiled nervously, fiddling with her hands. "Nothing's wrong, I'm fine." He furrowed his brows, lips pressing into a thin line. She sighed, taking a deep breath. "I promise, nothing's wrong. I just—there's—I want to ask you something. And I'm nervous of how you'll react." She said quietly.

Hyungwon breathed a sigh of relief and then smiled gently at her, grabbing her hand and lacing their fingers together. "I don't know if you noticed, dear, but it takes quite a bit to get me worked up. So, unless you're cheating or planning to leave me, there's nothing to worry about." She looked at him with pointed eyes and he smiled.