Miniseries: Growing Up: Yoongi

Yoongi is not the fondest of Seulki growing up

When Seulki first walked into the audition room all those years ago, Yoongi felt like he needed to protect her always. She was so small back then, and she hadn't changed much in present time either.  She was still small. 

Yoongi did his best to always support Seulki in whatever endeavors she dared to try.  Even if it gave him a heart attack or made him worry immensely.  He never wanted to crowd her or make her feel like she had to live in this bubble.

So, when Yoongi was the one to get angry and protective when he found out about Seulki dating, Seulki was surprised and shocked to say the least.  "You're too young!"  He shouted and Seulki snorted, crossing her arms.

The argument had been going on for the last 40 minutes and she wasn't about to let Min Yoongi think he could tell her how to live her life.  "I'm perfectly capable of dating someone, oppa."  Yoongi narrowed his eyes, running his hand through his disheveled hair.  "You're practically a child, S!  What do you know about dating or boys or love?" 

Seulki let out a laugh.  "Oppa, we literally sing about love, all the time.  I know what love is.  And for your information, I know plenty about boys."  She crossed her arms, leaning back on his computer chair and examining her nails.  "Like what?!"  Yoongi said, voice rising.  Seulki shot him a deadpanned look.  If he wanted to play that game, fine.

"Well, I know they don't have boobs.  Most of them tend to be taller than females and have a different chemical build.  They tend to have wider shoulders than the opposite gender.  They're all idiots.  Oh ! They also have a pe—" 

"STOP."

Seulki grinned.  She'd won.  Yoongi sighed, sitting down across from her on his bed.  "I'm sorry, S. It's just—just you're like my sister.  I've watched you go from this timid, small, shy teenager to this confident, beautiful, still small, woman today."  Seulki smacked him.  "Yah!  I'm not small."  Yoongi grinned.

"But thank you."  She said quietly and Yoongi pulled the chair towards him, kissing her forehead.  "If he does anything, and I mean anything, I will kill him.  You just need to let me know."  Seulki giggled, sitting on his lap and wrapping her arms around his waist.  "You'd be the first to know, oppa."  She said, kissing his cheek.

She rolled off him, thinking for a moment before opening her mouth.  "I should probably work on getting my license too," she thought out loud and Yoongi tensed a little at her side but she didn't notice.  "I can't make Hyungwon always have to drive us anywhere.  Oh!  Then we could go on a road trip!  I'll get a car big enough to fit 8 people!"

Yoongi shook his head.  "No.  No.  No.  No.  Driving?!  Are you serious?!  Are you even able to reach the pedals?  Why can't me and Jin hyung and V-ssi and Jungkook-ie hust drive you around?"  Seulki rolled her eyes at his dramticbess, standing up and kissing his cheek again.

"Appa, you'll need to let me go sometime.  It's all a part of growing up."  She teased, tapping his nose and he pretended to scowl but Seulki could see the smile playing on his lips.  "You'll be the one to teach me, right?"  She asked, clapping her hands together and Yoongi couldn't say no.  He nodded and she squealed, hugging him tightly before running out of the room to let everyone else know.

He sighed, eyes still trained at the door she just walked out of.  Growing up for any of them was bittersweet.  He practically raised them all up, except for Jin.  He really did feel like a dad sometimes and he wondered if he'd get just as protective when he has a daughter and she starts dating and wanting to drive.  He sighed, leaning back on his bed and closing his eyes.

"I guess that's a part of growing up."