About Seulki

About Seulki

Stage Name: S

Birth Name: Choi Seulki

Birthday: November 4, 1998

Height: 167cm

Eye color: Hazel

Group: BTS

Position: Vocalist and dance, minor rap

Trainee Since: 2010

Background: Seulki was born in Busan, South Korea. Her father and mother are very strict, intellectual people. Her father travels for work for his company and her mother is a university professor. She is mixed; her mother has French and Scottish in her while her father is 100% Korean, which is why she has hazel eyes. Seulki never excelled at school, but she wasn't terrible at it either. Her and parents aren't the closest, but they support her and encourage her to follow her dreams. Due to all the traveling for her father's work, Seulki is able to speak a few languages. Her mother tongue is Korean. She is fluent in English as well and can speak a little French and Romanian. She was training under a small company where she met her ex-best friend, Sooji. Unfortunately, the company did not have the funds to stay open and closed their doors. Seulki was scouted by BigHit when someone working for them saw her busking at a park, with her previous group. She passed the auditions and was added to the group, BTS.

Hobbies: Seulki enjoys reading, writing, drawing and watching crime TV shows and documentaries. Her parents have some of her artwork hanging around their family home.

Internal Struggles: Seulki was a very shy, awkward child growing up. It didn't help that she was bullied pretty harshly for looking different from everyone else (eye color, hair color, skin pigmentation). Also, because her family moved around a lot she wouldn't allow herself to get close to others knowing that she would soon be moving on to somewhere new. Seulki is extremely self-conscious about her looks and body image. She even gets anxiety if she has to leave their dorm without makeup on.

Strengths: Seulki is able to mask her emotions when she needs to. In a professional setting, she can handle herself regardless of what is going on. Despite her issues with her looks, she is extremely confident when she is on stage and performing. Despite being a petite female, Seulki is able to keep up with the exhausting choreography of their songs without missing a beat. She is also extremely caring and protective of those she cares about and loves. She is not afraid to speak her mind and stand up for herself as well as those she cares about. The boys would all describe her as someone they can go to and talk about their struggles or when they're feeling stressed despite her being the maknae of the group. She is very reliable and loves to help Hoseok out as mood maker of the group. Despite not having many lines in their songs, she has powerful vocals that she is able to throw all her emotions into and resonate with those listening.