Making Amends: Byeol

Next on her list of apologies comes Byeol

"Wow," Seulki looked astonished at the small space around her. Byeol smiled a little but didn't say anything. She actually wasn't going to invite Seulki to see her new office space until it was more set-up and all put together. She loved her friend but she also knew Seulki could be a little critical.

"This is pretty cozy," Seulki said, still looking around and that seemed to surprise Byeol a bit. "Really? You think so?" Seulki nodded at the girl, "Of course! I actually prefer smaller spaces like this rather than the huge large ones. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten lost already in our new company building. It's ridiculous."

Byeol laughed, opening the door to her small studio space. Seulki happily walked in and sat down on one of the rolling chairs. "Just because I like expensive things doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the small stuff," she winked at Byeol who's cheeks were currently heating up in embarrassment. "S-sorry. I just know how you can be sometimes." Byeol truly wasn't trying to offend the girl and thankfully, it seemed Seulki didn't take it that way.

"Fair enough," she said and whatever tension Byeol was feeling seemed to leave her. "Oh!" Seulki said, pulling a notebook out of her bag, "I met with Harin the other day and we came up with some outfit ideas and makeup and hair and stuff." She flipped through the pages until she found the ones she was looking for at turned it towards Byeol.

"S, I'm glad you two did this but we both know I'm not one for fashion or that stuff. I trust you'll know best." Byeol winked at her and Seulki laughed, pushing the notebook into her hands. "Just look, babo." Byeol huffed but did as she was told and looked. She may not be one for fashion designing or any of that stuff but she had to admit, these looked really good. And this was just on paper.

"I think," Byeol said, handing the notebook back and turning towards her computer, "you should listen to the song. It'll help you decide which one would be best."

"What's wrong with more than one? Is she not going to perform it on music shows?"

Byeol shrugged, "Not sure. That'd be up to her. Right now, she seems to just be comfortable with just a music video." Seulki hummed. "Then let's listen and we'll pick two. A more elegant one if needed and a more edgy one too. She told me it was edgy." Byeol smiled and nodded her head, finding the file and playing it.

Seulki had to admit it wasn't a style of song she could see herself doing, but when she heard the lyrics a large smile spread across her face. Harin was expressing all the hatred, hurt and still love she was feeling for her parents and the situation. It was perfect for her and Seulki honestly couldn't wait to see it all come together.

"That's really good," Seulki complimented and Byeol nodded her head. "Little girl has been working real hard. I'm super proud of her."

Seulki gently pushed Byeol's shoulder, "you're working just as hard, Moon. Don't discredit yourself."

"Right," Byeol rubbed the back of her neck, "I'm still working on not doing that."

Seulki chuckled. "I'm sorry I haven't been around to really help you two on this. I know you've been helping her a lot along with preparing your own stuff. So, I'm sorry. I've been terrible."

"You have been terrible," Byeol blurted out, eyes still on her screen as her mouse flew back and forth. "But you're here now so I don't really care to be honest."

Seulki felt her stomach drop a little but this was Byeol. Seulki wasn't even sure if the girl was able to hold a grudge on anyone. Being blunt and honest though was her specialty and she'd rather Byeol be honest with her than lie and say it was okay.

"Thanks. For being honest," Seulki said and Byeol stopped whatever she was doing on the computer and turned to face the girl. "I'm hurt, honestly. I know we weren't exactly that close but we used to talk a lot more than we have been. I felt like I did something wrong. But then it felt like you were writing us off because you were doing things."

Seulki bit her bottom lip and shook her head. "That wasn't my intention at all, I swear. I don't and would never want to write you all off. I was just—going through my own stuff I guess. And I pushed everyone away in the process. I'm really sorry."

Byeol was silent for a few minutes before reaching over and giving the girl a half-hug. Seulki was fine with that. Byeol wasn't much more close skin-ship so, she would take what she could get. "It's alright. You just have a lot of making up to do," Byeol winked and Seulki smiled.

"How about I start with putting you in touch with some people I know for interior design. You could tell them what you envision and they'll put it all together." Byeol laughed and rolled her eyes playfully, "trying to buy my friendship back?" Seulki pretended to be offended, "Is it working?"

Byeol smirked, standing up and pulling the girl up with her. "I don't know yet. Maybe after we talk about it more over lunch that you're paying for it might just a little." Seulki threw her head back in laughter, linking arms with the girl.

"Deal."