Boss

Seulki wants to start taking on more responsibilities

Seulki tightened her ponytail and made her way down the hallway. The group was having a meeting today with just them regarding their comeback. Seulki had made up her mind that she wanted to start taking on more roles behind the scenes during their comebacks.

Instead of just having her lyrics written for her and the choreography already ready for her to learn, she wanted to take more of a role in having a part in that. Yoongi and Namjoon wrote a lot of their lyrics, especially Namjoon. Yoongi helped to produce most of their tracks, especially as they started getting bigger and bigger.

While they loved it and enjoyed it, she knew just how stressful it could become and that it could feel burdensome. She wanted to lift some of that burden from her members, as much as she could. So, her goal in this meeting today was to be able to get at least one of them letting her help and teaching her.

She stepped into their practice room, greeting everyone and putting her bags down. Sitting down next to Hoseok, he pulled her closer and rested his head on her shoulder. "You looked determined," he mumbled and she chuckled and hummed. "I am! Let's get started."

They went through the usual things; the concept they would like to have, how they would like the styling for that concept if it was approved by the company. The kind of sound they wanted this time around, if it was going to be a full album or a mini-album. Two hours into it and Seulki was already feeling exhausted.

"I have a question or three," she raised her arm up and Namjoon rolled his eyes playfully. "You don't have to raise your hand, S. But go ahead." Licking her lips she sat up a little straighter, looking towards Namjoon and Yoongi. "I would like to play more roles in producing the album."

The boys all looked a little surprised. It wasn't that it was uncommon for all of them to participate in the making of the album in some way, but most of the time producing was left up to Namjoon and Yoongi. "I'm not a baby anymore. I've learned a lot throughout our years performing and preparing. I want to help. Even if it's just half a track this time around or two seconds of it."

"You want to learn to produce?" Yoongi asked and Seulki nodded. "Produce, write better lyrics, maybe even help a little with the choreography." She glanced towards Hoseok who had perked a little at her mentioning want to help with the performance part more.

"We'd be happy to help," Namjoon said, "But I don't want you taking on more than you can handle. It's not as easy as it seems or looks." Seulki snorted and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "I know it's not easy at all and I never thought it was. I see how stressed you and Yoongi get when you're in a slump. I've seen how dejected and frustrating it's been to get tracks back saying they're not good enough this time around. I want to help, lighten the load a little bit."

Jin smiled brightly and clapped his hands. "I think that's a wonderful idea, S! My baby growing up." He pretended to wipe tears away from his eyes as the others laughed at his dramatics. "I really want to help and at least learn more of how much goes in to producing a whole album. I know the basics, but I want to know more of the details."

Yoongi hummed and nodded, making some notes on his phone. "Like Namjoon-ssi said, we're happy to help. But if it's too much just let us know." She nodded, but she knew it wouldn't be too much. Would she be busier and maybe a little more stressed than normal? Sure, most likely. She was okay with that.

"When do I start?" She asked and Yoongi stood up, rolling his neck and nodding for her to follow him. "I already have some stuff made up, but it needs to be refined a little more. I'll start showing you all that today. If you're up to later, Maybe Namjoon could give you a crash course on lyrics." She stood up and skipped towards him. "I'll be ready!"

She grabbed her bags and the two members made their way out, Seulki chattering away animatedly. The others watched with fond smiles as the two left. Leaning back on his palms, Jungkook sighed. "She really is growing up." Jin ruffled his hair, "She is, she is. Taking on more responsibilities is a good thing. I think it'll help her with figuring out what she needs too."

The others hummed in agreement, excited for this change in Seulki and how genuinely happy and excited she had seemed the past few weeks.

They couldn't wait to hear the first track she produced.