Break

BTS confronts Seulki

Seulki was never more grateful to be able to have her own car ride home. Or so she had hoped. But as soon as the car was about to pull away, Jungkook ran up like a mad animal, banging on the door. Of course, the driver let him in and Seulki sighed, leaning her head against the window and trying to ignore him. She saw him keep glancing at her out of the corner of her eyes. After about the millionth time, she sighed. "Just say it, Kook."

Her voice was sharp, but she didn't care. She already knew what was going to be awaiting once they all got back to the dorm and she was far to exhausted to carry any patience. "Why didn't you come to me?" He said softly, clasping his hands together in his lap. He didn't make eye contact. Seulki sighed again and didn't answer. She had no answer. Logically, her brain told her that she should go to her boys, should go to her manager, should continue her therapy sessions.

But illogically, she was hurt and scared and probably a little depressed that she couldn't. She didn't want to seem weak, she didn't want to be forced to take time off until she got a handle on things. She wasn't going to die, she just needed to change herself a little. For the better of the group, she kept telling herself. "Please talk to me." Her tired gaze landed on the boy to her left, his voice pulling her from her thoughts.

"Even if it's not about this, just anything. Just—just don't sit there in your head." He reached over, grabbing her hand and squeezing it gently. Something about the gesture brought tears to Seulki's eyes but she wouldn't dare let them fall. "Yoongi-oppa made me take out my contacts. I'm going to have to get new ones." She said and Jungkook smiled a little, relieved she was talking about something. "Why? I don't think you need them. Besides, the stylists have colored contacts for us."

She shrugged, not letting go of his hand. "I just like them." Jungkook hummed, licking his bottom lip. "Can I tell you something? And I mean it in the most brotherly way possible." She smiled, nodding her head. "I really like your eyes. Your natural ones." He looked straight into her eyes as he said it and Seulki frowned. "Why? Apparently they make me look like a freak." Jungkook felt his heart break a little that she would think that. That she would think anything like that about herself.

"I think," he squeezed her hand a little tighter, "that your eyes are beautiful. Gorgeous. Everyone has brown eyes and even blue is more common. Yours are different, in a good way. It makes you seem mysterious and it makes you special. They're my favorite thing about you." His cheeks were flushed a little and Seulki looked down at her lap. "Of course I mean that in a brotherly way! Don't tell Hyungwon-hyung. He might hit me." Seulki let out a laugh, a real laugh that she felt like she hadn't in years. "Secret is safe with me. Thanks, Kookie."

When they got home, Seulki begrudgingly made her way upstairs. She did not want to have this conversation. She didn't want to talk to any of them right now if she was being honest. "I'm here," Jungkook said quietly, hand on the small of her back as he pushed her (gently) through the door. She groaned to see everyone already there, looking at the two expectantly. Yoongi's face was still in a scowl, as was Jimin's. Jin and Taehyung were looking worried. Namjoon was a mix between worried and angry. Hoseok just looked sad and that's what broke her heart the most.

"Sit." Yoongi said and she didn't even try to argue. She knew there was no way out of this. She sat down on the chair, scooting over when Jungkook came and plopped himself right next to her. Jimin narrowed his eyes even more. "You baby her to much." He said and Jungkook narrowed his eyes right back. "She needs someone on her side and from looks of it, you aren't going to be one of those people." Jimin's mouth formed a small 'o' shape before she went back to clenching and unclenching his jaw.

"Seulki," Jin said gently, trying to ignore the tension in the room. She looked over at him tiredly. "We want to help, we do. But we're at a loss. And quite frankly, it doesn't really seem like you want to help yourself." Her eye twitched. Was he being serious? She didn't want to help herself? "You haven't been going to therapy appointments. You won't talk to any of us. You're isolating. What are we to do?" Namjoon said and Seulki sighed. He wasn't wrong. She shrugged. "I don't know, oppa." Namjoon let his shoulders sag. This was not something he thought he would ever have to face with his members.

"Well I'll tell you right now what's going to happen." Yoongi said through clenched teeth. Seulki narrowed her eyes, tensing up. She was ready for a fight. Jungkook squeezed her shoulder, trying to subtly tell her to just hear him out. "And what's that?" She snapped. Yoongi stuck his tongue in his cheek before looking around at everyone else who just nodded. "You're taking a break. No more work. No more schedules. No concerts. No fan meets. No practices. Nothing. Until your better." Her eyes widened and she looked around at everyone who had their heads down, refusing to look at her.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" She yelled and Jin cleared his throat. He wasn't fond of bad language, but she could care less right now. He agreed to this, he was letting them do this too. She looked over at Namjoon, eyes blazing with fire. "Tell me you're joking, oppa?!" She was on the verge of tears but Namjoon just sighed, running his hands through his hair. "We need you, Seulki. Alive. Not some walking corpse. And not some shell of who you were when we all first met." His eyes met hers and he smiled briefly. She wasn't wearing the contacts and all her emotions were bubbled into those eyes and he missed it so much he wanted nothing more than just to wrap his arms around her.

"We need you to get better, S. For you. Not for us, not for Bangtan, not for Bang. For you. And until you can do that, no work." His tone was final and Seulki knew there was no arguing. She looked at Jungkook and he just looked down, fiddling with his fingers. "You knew this to when you got in the car and you couldn't have said anything?! Aren't you supposed to be on my side?!" Before anyone could say anything, she threw her hands up and stormed to her room, slamming the door shut.

Jungkook and Taehyung both stood up, wanting nothing more than to go comfort their member but Namjoon stepped in front of them. "Let her cool off and I'll talk to her. I think—I think we all just need to sleep right now." They all hesitantly made their way to their rooms, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook opting to sleep in the living room and give Seulki her space. "Do you think we messed up?" Taehyung asked quietly as they laid there. Jungkook patted his arm, shaking his head. Jimin scoffed, turning over before calling over his shoulder.

"We didn't. She did."