Lets Talk

Seulki invited Byeol over

Seulki flattened her hair down just as her doorbell rang. She sighed, preparing herself for the worst. She had invited Byeol to talk. Harin kept saying how wonderful she was and Seulki really wanted to see that and experience that. But right now, all that was in her head was if there were any lingering feelings for her boyfriend. She needed to get to the bottom of it.

Seulki opened the door, plastering a smile on her face as Byeol hugged her. "It's so nice to see you! I'm glad you invited me over." She skipped inside and Seulki raised a brow at the tall boy that was standing outside her door. "I'm Yugyeom," he said shyly, offering his hand for a handshake. Seulki took it.

"Are you coming in?" She asked politely but he shook his head. "No, I'm just dropping her off. Do me a favor though—please have her call me when she's ready to come home. She can't—uh—go out alone right now." Seulki raised a brow, a little confused but it wasn't her place to ask questions to someone who barely knew her.

"Gyeom! Leave my friend alone. Get your own." Byeol hissed and Seulki jumped a little. She didn't know Byeol had come up behind her. He rolled his eyes and Byeol sighed. "I promise I'm going to call, jeez. Go away now." She closed the door in his face and Seulki looked at her with wide eyes. Did she really just close the door in her members face? She could only imagine the scolding Jin would give her if she ever did that.

"Uhm, are you sure it's okay to do that?" Seulki asked her, gesturing towards the door. Byeol nodded, smiling. "They're just being annoying right now. It's nothing." Seulki vaguely remembered seeing an article about something in Byeol's past, but she hadn't read it. She wasn't big on gossip.

"So what'd you wanna talk about?" Byeol asked, plopping down on to the couch. Seulki sat down, thinking of how to say the words without sounding mean. "Listen, Seulki. Just say it. I'm a tough girl." Seulki was still bewildered at the mindset of the girl in front of her and at the same time, envying it. She wished she could be that carefree.

"I just—okay. I want to know if you still have any feelings for Hyungwon. The last time we talked there seemed to be things that were—left unsaid. I want to be your friend, I do. But I can't help but feel like I need to keep my guard up and I don't want to come off cold to you. I just need to know."

Byeol cocked her head, raising an eyebrow. She was trying to gauge if Seulki was actually being serious and when she realized that she was, she started laughing. Seulki looked at her with wide, hazel eyes. Was this really that funny to her? Byeol calmed herself down, shaking her head. "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. I just think that's hilarious."

"Well, I don't really think it is. It's a valid question." Seulki said, crossing her arms and sitting up straighter. Byeol chuckled again, keeping herself from going into another laughing fit. "Seulki, I have no feelings towards Hyungwon at all. That's all in the past. I actually kind of like someone else."

Seulki sighed in relief, a small smile on her face. "That's—great to hear." She said and Byeol smiled. "Have you really been worried about that this whole time?" Seulki nodded, looking down at her lap. Now she just felt embarrassed. "I know it's stupid but there's just been so much going on and I couldn't—"

She stopped talking when Byeol gently placed a hand on hers, smiling gently. "I get it. Don't worry." Seulki nodded, clapping her hands and standing up. "I've been a terrible host. Would you like something to drink? I have wine." Byeol grinned, nodding. "Wine it is."

Seulki came back with two glasses and the girls sat at chatted for a little, sipping their drink. "Can I ask you another question?" Byeol grinned, teasing her. "I don't have feelings for Hyungwon." Seulki threw one of the couch pillows at her and Byeol laughed. "You don't have to answer, but I'd rather hear it from you than gossip sites."

Byeol's smile faltered a little bit. She knew exactly what Seulki was talking about and she wasn't sure if she was ready to tell someone that. Again. Seulki bit her lip, noticing how Byeol's energy seemed to fall way down and that her smile was a little forced. "The articles that have been spewing. About your past. I didn't read them and honestly, I don't really care right now to know. I just want to know if you're okay?"

Byeol looked at her in shock. This wasn't something she expected from Seulki. She thought she was nice and gorgeous, but she also felt like she was just one to want to know all the details about everything. "Come again?" Seulki lifted a brow, slowly repeated her question. "I just want to know if you're okay." Byeol blinked a few times. "What?" Seulki said, afraid she'd come off to strong.

"It's nothing—I just—I'm sorry. Pardon my French, I promise I don't swear. But I really thought you were just a bitch." Seulki's mouth formed an 'o' and Byeol hurried to save herself. "It was just my first impression! I don't think you are one now." Seulki gulped, biting her bottom lip. "Do I come off that way?" Byeol shrugged. "Maybe it's just me. My instincts never seem to be right anyways. To answer your question, no, I'm not okay right now, but I'll get there."

Seulki nodded, checking her watch. "Oh! I didn't realize how late it's gotten. I need to get to Yoongi's for dinner and they'll have my head." Byeol chuckled, remembering hearing a few months ago about Seulki struggling. "Are you okay?" She asked and Seulki smiled, nodding. "At first, not at all. But it's getting better and easier day by day. I'm sure it will for you too. Uhm, you should probably call Yugyeom, yeah?"

Byeol called Yugyeom and Seulki warmly greeted him when he arrived. She hugged Byeol, thanking her for an entertaining afternoon. "Hey, if you ever need a place to crash, just come here? I don't know what's going on, but I've been pretty good at keeping my privacy." She winked at Byeol and Byeol smiled happily. "I'll keep it in mind."

Seulki closed the door, a satisfied smile on her face. She was happy to have a new friend and she really hoped that whatever she was going through, she'd be alright. But it seemed like her members were taking great care of her. Her phone buzzed and she lifted it up, eyes widening at Yoongi's name on the screen.

"I'm so dead."