The Truth

Taehyung tells Seulki things she doesn't want to hear

It had a been a week. A whole week since Seulki had spoken too or seen Hyungwon. She had ignored his texts and phone calls and video calls. As much as she wanted to talk to him, to see him and just hear his voice, she was still a little hurt and angry. She still couldn't wrap her head around why he was so hesitant to live together.

She wasn't totally heartless; she knew that he had valid reasons. She understood that he didn't want to start up more drama. And he was right; she had just gotten through some drama with herself and his group was just getting through everything that was going on with them. They were making new music, getting ready to start touring again. And BTS was also working on new music and starting promotions for their new English song.

The spotlight would be on both of them and no doubt that they wouldn't be able to keep their relationship a secret anymore. But would that be such a bad thing? Seulki was ready to go public, ready to let the world know this was the man she loved. But she also knew that they had to be wary. They had huge fanbases and the one thing she didn't want was Hyungwon getting hurt because they wanted to love freely.

But maybe he didn't want the world to know that he was dating her? She started letting her insecurities get the best of her, as much as she tried to push them away.

I'm not good enough.

He doesn't want anyone to know it's me.

He doesn't love me that way.

He's ashamed of me.

I'm not pretty enough.

I'm not good enough.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by a furious vibrating from her phone. She scrunched her nose at Hyunwon's name and pressed to silence the call. Taehyung—who she didn't realize had come to sit next to her—raised an eyebrow at her. "Why aren't you answering?" He asked and she looked at him out of the corner of her eyes. Tucking some of her pale pink hair behind her ear, she shrugged. "We're about to start filming again."

Taehyung licked his lip, grunting. "You always answer though. Even if you only have a second to say hello." She leaned back on the couch, shrugging her shoulders. "Just let it go, Tae." He narrowed his eyes at her but didn't say anything more. He was contemplating his words. Him and Seulki rarely argued, and that was more on his part to just be passive with her. He loved, he truly did. She was his little sister.

But because she was little sister, he knew just how touchy she could get. Arguing with her would only result in them probably literally killing each other. He was a patient man, but when it came to her always seeming to need the last word or do everything she can to try and prove she's right, he couldn't be patient and would snap. It had happened once before and they didn't talk for a whole month. But he also could tell that she was hurting and he was so tired of seeing her hurting.

"Did you break up?" He asked and she shook her head. "No. We're just—not on speaking terms." She said and he raised a brow again. "Your terms or his?" She narrowed her hazel at him but that's all he needed to know that it was her terms. "Tell me what happened." He said and she sighed, rolling her neck. "Can we do this later? We're literally gonna start shooting soon." He shook his head. "Nope. Quick version. Let's go."

She groaned but started telling him anyways. How she asked Hyungwon to move in the first time, what had happened, how she went about asking him the second time. What he said the second time. What she said to that and how it was left. She told him how she was feeling now, but leaving out the part about her insecurities that were currently eating her brain alive. She didn't think those would ever go away, but she had a made a promise long ago not to let them get to her as bad as they did. But that was proving hard right now.

"I really don't understand why you're upset." Taehyung said and Seulki looked at him, confused. "What do you mean? How would you feel if your girlfriend told you no not once, but twice, about moving in with you. Living with you and being able to see you every day. And he was right, we're not public yet. And I think I want to be and I don't get why he doesn't want to be." Her voice trailed off as she adjusted her skirt, wanting anything to take her mind off the now bubbling annoyance at Taehyung.

"His reasons were good ones and I agree with him. There's a time and place and you keep asking at the wrong times. Plus, you can't be mad at him for wanting to do what's best for him right now. He loves you, S. But he needs to put himself first sometimes. It's not always about you." Her head snapped towards him, her hazel eyes narrowing in on his dark brown ones. "I never said it was all about me."

Her voice was tight, clipped. Taehyung only rolled his eyes, not backing down from her piercing gaze. "You didn't have to. But you made it about you. All I heard the whole time was poor me, poor me. How he hasn't taken your feelings into account and your wants and desires. But have you taken his into account? His feelings and wants and desires? Because it doesn't sound like it."

She glared at him, angry fire rising in her eyes. Taehyung didn't let it bother him, though. Seulki wasn't scary to him and she no longer intimidated him like she used to when they first met. "I'm sorry it hurts and yeah, it sucks that he's not ready right now. But that's his choice for his reasons and they're good reasons, S. You're being selfish. You need to take a step back." She clicked her tongue, standing up and steadying herself on her heels. She could feel her hands start to tremble with rage.

"And honestly? If you acted like that, I wouldn't even try to talk to you. Yet I guarantee he's been trying to call you or contact you every day and you're being petty and ignoring him. Do you think that's making it any better?" She turned, lips pressed into a very thin line and glare trained on him. Jimin seemed to finally notice the two arguing and his eyes went wide as he made his way over to try and stop it. Seulki and Taehyung rarely ever fought, but Jimin still had the last time they did ingrained in his memory and wasn't about to let it happen.

But as he reached them, it seemed he was too late. "You asked me to tell you what was wrong, Kim Taehyung. I did and you called me selfish. Just insult me some more, why don't you? C'mon. I can take it. I've heard it all before, let's just keep adding fire to the fuel." Jimin stepped in between them before Taehyung could respond, silently breathing in relief as he saw Jungkook walking up quickly too, concern etched on his brow. "Seulki, you need to stop. You both need to calm down." Jimin said quietly and she scoffed just as Jungkook reached for her arm.

She pulled away from his touch, throwing her hands up as she marched away. "We need to start so I can go home. I'm over this." Jimin looked back at Taehyung who looked royally pissed off. "Tae-ssi, what happened?" He asked and Taehyung shoved his tongue into his cheek, dark eyes flitting down to Jimin.

"Someone finally told her the truth."